Happy one year tankiversary!

The Life Aquatic

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 6, 2023
Messages
91
Reaction score
114
Location
Bay Area
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Today marks one year from filling the 180g.

After a 11 year break in the hobby, I can say it’s been incredible (but also challenging!) to see how much has changed.

Despite the ups and downs (lots of downs!) I’m pretty happy with the decision to come back and where the tank is one year later!

You can see my original build thread here but I have not updated it in many months.

IMG_6485.jpeg
IMG_6489.jpeg
IMG_6490.jpeg
IMG_6492.jpeg


IMG_6485.jpeg
 
I don't see any signs of going slowly in your acquisitions, proving that the old saying; "Nothing good happens quickly in reefing" isn't always true.

Very nice! :smiling-face-with-sunglasses:
I credit a lot of it to true live rock and seeding with things like true live sand. I added SPS and torches 2 weeks in and they made it through…my original one-head dragon soul is now 6. Granted I’ve had my fair share of challenges; dinos, getting phosphate balanced out, a few pests and minor BJD fights. My advice is generally moving fast is OK if you do it properly.
 
Your tank looks great!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 44.0%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 7 28.0%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new