Revenge Of The Sith Prequel GIF

Welcome to R2R!!!

Poof No Eyebrows

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Had some wild typhoons while I was there. We also lived in Taiwan when I was younger. Went through a bad typhoon AND earthquake there!
Nothing beats getting sealed into the barracks with a pallet of MREs and all the beer you could get lol. Just don't miss a radio check...

OP
OP
uscggirl

uscggirl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was 13 when we first moved there, and my older brother and I found the beer vending machines interesting. seemed crazy to us that beer was in a non regulated vending machine, as easy to purchase as a candy bar. I always thought I was missing out on “real” teenage life by being in Okinawa, but realized later of course that being there with the ocean everywhere was definitely the best way to spend my teenage years! Graduated when I was 17 and came back to the states. What a miserable culture shock that was....

Gogol_frag

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello reefers! I’ve been lurking around here for a few months trying to learn from all of you experienced folks, from failures to successes. I joined awhile back and asked a couple questions in various forums, but never formally introduced myself here. I asked my first question in the forum for those new to saltwater and reef keeping, and posted the info about me there, so obviously I was confused about where to begin. :) Lived around the oceans my entire life. Spent my teenage years in Okinawa as a military kid. I later joined the military myself and spent most of those 29 years near the ocean. Now I’m retired, and unfortunately not located near an ocean. Go figure! But it’s affordable here, and I’m going to try to bring some of the ocean to me. Had freshwater for a couple years, mainly discus, but am ready to get salty! After way too much time researching tanks, I’m about to pull the trigger on a Cade 1200 S2. (still awaiting info from the home builder on potential weight limits) I was initially going to get a Red Sea AIO, then almost went with an Innovative Marine AIO, went back to Red Sea since they have an AIO that can be converted to sump, decided I wanted to start with sump for flexibility and access, and came across Cade with all the plumbing included. I am not a plumbing person by any stretch of the imagination, and after having a brain injury, some things are just more complicated than I want to sort out. Even when they seem easy on videos! Anyway, I’ve blathered on too long already. So if the floor will support it, I’ll be getting the Cade 1200 soon, or a smaller Cade if needed. The tank is a bit taller than I want, but the other Cade version is just a bit too shallow. I’ll be asking a million questions and scanning the forums for answers beforehand. Such a great community of knowledgeable people! I’m happy to be here! :)
We are happy that you are here too, uscggirl! Welcome to Reef2Reef. You made me research Cade systems. Looks super!!

Reefing is fun when you have a community like R2R to bounce off of.

OP
OP
uscggirl

uscggirl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We are happy that you are here too, uscggirl! Welcome to Reef2Reef. You made me research Cade systems. Looks super!!

Reefing is fun when you have a community like R2R to bounce off of.
Thank you! I’m looking forward to the journey with all of you!

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 57 49.6%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 63 54.8%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 26 22.6%
  • None.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 7.8%

Back