Happy wife floating ecotech light canopy

Beautiful work dude.
I don't mean to be critical, but wish you'd recessed the lights upwards a bit to alleviate the lights being in view to the eye.
Having the wood lower around the perimeter would be the final touch. A couple-few inches would probably be enough, but some taped-into-place paper/cardboard would be a good test.

Don't feel bad ... I have almost never had a one-off Reef project turn out perfect on the first attempt.
 
Beautiful work dude.
I don't mean to be critical, but wish you'd recessed the lights upwards a bit to alleviate the lights being in view to the eye.
Having the wood lower around the perimeter would be the final touch. A couple-few inches would probably be enough, but some taped-into-place paper/cardboard would be a good test.

Don't feel bad ... I have almost never had a one-off Reef project turn out perfect on the first attempt.
Thanks man! I never took a picture after I did it but I placed a spacer between the light rail and the wood and the lights sit up in the box now so you can’t see them poking down anymore. I’m overall really happy with it and it’s a big improvement over before
 
Thanks man! I never took a picture after I did it but I placed a spacer between the light rail and the wood and the lights sit up in the box now so you can’t see them poking down anymore. I’m overall really happy with it and it’s a big improvement over before
Excellent!!
Where's the pic, or it didn't happen ;)
 
I like where your head is at. I used 1-1/2 x 1-1/2 tube steel as a way to hide wires and give you the floating look still.
Very nice! Have a build thread for that canopy? Pics and such? How did you attach the tube to the wall?
 
If I ever get my 120 Gallon set up, I’m going to cut the Canopy’s Height. Suspend it by cables, that go through the wall via pulleys. On t bye other side of the wall, I’m going with a Bar inside a channel, that I can pull down and secure. This will give me working room for cleaning.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 9 22.5%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 12.5%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 11 27.5%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 5.0%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 1 2.5%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 5.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 3 7.5%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 7 17.5%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new