Happy wife floating ecotech light canopy

Greg P

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Beautiful work dude.
I don't mean to be critical, but wish you'd recessed the lights upwards a bit to alleviate the lights being in view to the eye.
Having the wood lower around the perimeter would be the final touch. A couple-few inches would probably be enough, but some taped-into-place paper/cardboard would be a good test.

Don't feel bad ... I have almost never had a one-off Reef project turn out perfect on the first attempt.

OP
OP
Jaredtexas

Jaredtexas

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Beautiful work dude.
I don't mean to be critical, but wish you'd recessed the lights upwards a bit to alleviate the lights being in view to the eye.
Having the wood lower around the perimeter would be the final touch. A couple-few inches would probably be enough, but some taped-into-place paper/cardboard would be a good test.

Don't feel bad ... I have almost never had a one-off Reef project turn out perfect on the first attempt.
Thanks man! I never took a picture after I did it but I placed a spacer between the light rail and the wood and the lights sit up in the box now so you can’t see them poking down anymore. I’m overall really happy with it and it’s a big improvement over before

Greg P

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks man! I never took a picture after I did it but I placed a spacer between the light rail and the wood and the lights sit up in the box now so you can’t see them poking down anymore. I’m overall really happy with it and it’s a big improvement over before
Excellent!!
Where's the pic, or it didn't happen ;)

geckoejon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like where your head is at. I used 1-1/2 x 1-1/2 tube steel as a way to hide wires and give you the floating look still.
Very nice! Have a build thread for that canopy? Pics and such? How did you attach the tube to the wall?

SteveMM62Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If I ever get my 120 Gallon set up, I’m going to cut the Canopy’s Height. Suspend it by cables, that go through the wall via pulleys. On t bye other side of the wall, I’m going with a Bar inside a channel, that I can pull down and secure. This will give me working room for cleaning.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 43 42.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 22 21.6%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 34 33.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.9%
Back