Jaredtexas

Jaredtexas

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Final Design!

added a slot on the hood bracket so i could line it up perfectly left to right on the tank since my studs are off center on the wall. (annoyingly enough)
2021-12-22 (2).png

OP
OP
Jaredtexas

Jaredtexas

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks great. Is there a way to make it thinner for a more modern minimalist look? Height just enough to encase the lights and still allow them to vent naturally with the top fans?
i actually thought about doing this. The way i would do it and the way my wife would do it are two different methods. She wants it to be a little bigger to match our cabinet work in our bedroom but i want it to be thin. Orginally she wanted it to be the length and width of the tank and i was like... no.

technically with this bracket i could make it as thin as about 4 inches tall. you would probably want it 5 inches tall in order to hide the back bracket well.

i kinda want to make it the width of my current light panel and thin like you said....

the only thing i am not sure is if i go to thin that you will be able to possible see the top while standing for the average 6 foot human being.

OP
OP
Jaredtexas

Jaredtexas

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like where your head is at. I used 1-1/2 x 1-1/2 tube steel as a way to hide wires and give you the floating look still.
wow that looks really good man! This whole floating look is really awesome. I need to make bracket kits people can buy like the one im making so everyone can float there tanks and all they have to do is contruct the hood they want around it

Last edited:

Calm Blue Ocean

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll be following along. I also have Ecotech lights on a bedroom tank and keep getting comments about "the surface of the sun". ;Hilarious

Reefing102

Metal Halides Til The End
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know it’s already in progress and such, but have you thought of doing a wave look on the edges? Not sure if that flows with modern as that usually goes for clean lines but just a thought

OP
OP
Jaredtexas

Jaredtexas

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
4FF2F74E-031E-45E8-8C28-3D45F9DBE820.jpeg

Making progress! I’m going to do a 2” trim around the top and the maybe a 10 in board running directly down the middle that floats from the inside to kill light spill but also let it breath perfectly. I am not sure if that makes sense to anyone lol

essentially the board down the middle will be lower than the trim at the top but the trim at the top will overhang more than the board in the middle and that will kill all light spill but have complete open air heat exhaustion,

flagg37

Custom stair builder - TreeofLifeStairs.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is that spray booth in your garage?

OP
OP
Jaredtexas

Jaredtexas

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is that spray booth in your garage?
Haha that would be a big garage that spray booth is massive. It’s a down draft commercial booth. You could probably park a few trucks in it. We own an aerospace company so it’s one of the spray booths at the shop.

flagg37

Custom stair builder - TreeofLifeStairs.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Haha that would be a big garage that spray booth is massive. It’s a down draft commercial booth. You could probably park a few trucks in it. We own an aerospace company so it’s one of the spray booths at the shop.
I should have known with the machining post.

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.0%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 43 34.4%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 40 32.0%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 31 24.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.8%
Back