Hard plumbing Jebao Return pump

Pablo1102

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry if this has already been asked, but I really haven’t found any info that relates to my question. I’ll be hard plumbing pretty much everything but I need to know what fittings you all have used to hard plumb a Jebao return pump (see attached photos of my actual pump)? The fittings this pump came with are barbed fittings that are used for flexible hose which are useless to me for my application. I thought about maybe using a union fitting that will screw on directly to the pump and continue on with the 1 inch pvc the rest of the way, but I can’t find anything that will thread on to the pump. I also want to be able to remove the pump for easy maintenance. What have you guys used to hard plumb your pumps? Thanks for your input

IMG_4914.png IMG_4916.png IMG_4915.png

zheka757

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
im bad at plumbing, i would take that with you to homedepot and see what fits inside that pipe

OP
OP
Pablo1102

Pablo1102

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I opted to plumb the barbed fitting to a piece of food-grade silicone which then connects into the hard plumbing via another barbed fitting & finally the union. Pump is also dead silent this way
IMG_8599.jpeg
I opted to plumb the barbed fitting to a piece of food-grade silicone which then connects into the hard plumbing via another barbed fitting & finally the union. Pump is also dead silent this way
IMG_8599.jpeg
Hi thanks for your input. I’m looking at your setup. How did you connect your barbed fitting to the union?

His Coral Highness

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have almost the same pump and I just used vinyl tubing from Lowe’s to connect the pump to my hard plumbing. And I threw on some clamps to keep it tight. It’ll make your life a lot easier and you don’t have to use much vinyl tubing if you prefer the hard plumbed look

Attachments

• IMG_5518.jpeg
    IMG_5518.jpeg
    125.2 KB · Views: 65

His Coral Highness

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also the pumps are Chinese so everything will be fitted for metric. So you almost have to use soft plumbing because you can at least get some wiggle room out of that. I’d boil some water and dip the end of the tube in it until it’s plyable and then put it over the pump fitting. Standard PVC sizes didn’t fit on mine anyway

OP
OP
Pablo1102

Pablo1102

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also the pumps are Chinese so everything will be fitted for metric. So you almost have to use soft plumbing because you can at least get some wiggle room out of that. I’d boil some water and dip the end of the tube in it until it’s plyable and then put it over the pump fitting. Standard PVC sizes didn’t fit on mine anyway
Hadn’t thought of that. Thank you! Probably going with Nick711’s suggestion

Last edited:

His Coral Highness

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hadn’t thought of that. Thank you! Probably going with Nick711’s suggestion
Yeah that’s basically what I did as well, he just added in a union too which is a good idea. You can consider using an opaque hose so it won’t grow any algae in it

SteveMM62Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Fittings are BSPT, “British Standard Pipe Threads.“ The only place I’ve been able to find these fitting is on McMaster-Carr. They are PVC, BSPT X Slip, AKA Socket. When you Glue the Schedule 40 into the fitting, you need to make sure the cut is perfectly square, and you need to file or sand the edge smooth. Use a thin PVC Cement, and push the pipe all the way into the fitting, Since the BSPT Fitting isn’t tapered, you use the gasket, that came with the pump, and it sets on the pipe end, inside the threaded end.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 41 16.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 15 6.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 144 57.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 7.6%
Back