Hard reset Gen 3 Radion

jmichaelh7

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   1   0
Close family member sold Gen 3 Radion to me and i'm trying to reset them but I'm having trouble.

When i turn both on, i'm able to control both with 1 of the radion's setting buttons. I suppose they are linked already together.

Does anyone know how to hard reset these, using the USB device on http://www.ecosmartlive.com/

Any support is appreciated

Jsnyder154

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Best way to hard reset is to simply leave it unplugged for an extended amount of time.
Without the capacitor holding the memory the device will lose any information it had stored.
None of these lights have any permanent memory storage to my knowledge.
They hold information with the power they recieve. Kinda like RAM vs. ROM. The capacitor gives enough energy to temporarily hold the information if power is lost. So you need that to drain of power also. On reboot the device will access any program you have saved through a wireless signal such as a Reeflink or Morbius.
So the answer is it needs to be without power long enough for it to reset.
Which in my experience is around 15 minutes.
But you may need longer if you want it completely reset.
Then once it is reset you can access it through EcoSmart live or Morbius and perform a full and thorough device factory reset.

Jsnyder154

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Best way to hard reset is to simply leave it unplugged for an extended amount of time.
Without the capacitor holding the memory the device will lose any information it had stored.
None of these lights have any permanent memory storage to my knowledge.
They hold information with the power they recieve. Kinda like RAM vs. ROM. The capacitor gives enough energy to temporarily hold the information if power is lost. So you need that to drain of power also. On reboot the device will access any program you have saved through a wireless signal such as a Reeflink or Morbius.
So the answer is it needs to be without power long enough for it to reset.
Which in my experience is around 15 minutes.
But you may need longer if you want it completely reset.
Then once it is reset you can access it through EcoSmart live or Morbius and perform a full and thorough device factory reset.
Also
bump. anyone?
You can also attach a Gen3 to your computer with a USB cable and factory reset that way as well. You can also program them that way.
Wireless is much more convenient but getting a reeflink now may be close to impossible.
And not all Gen 3s have wireless capability.
Needs to have a "w" at the end.
E.g. Xr30w

OP
OP
jmichaelh7

jmichaelh7

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   1   0
Also

You can also attach a Gen3 to your computer with a USB cable and factory reset that way as well. You can also program them that way.
Wireless is much more convenient but getting a reeflink now may be close to impossible.
And not all Gen 3s have wireless capability.
Needs to have a "w" at the end.
E.g. Xr30w
I finally got it.

What I found out is every radion set I need to reset, they are finicky when it comes to using a usb.

Thank you for the input

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 65 39.6%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 35 21.3%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 58 35.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.7%
Back