Hard tank rest (epxoy mess)

jacobcoral

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 21, 2025
Messages
373
Reaction score
109
Location
Pennsylvania
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I accidentally added two part epoxy to my reef aquarium and it crashed the system. The system was up for about a year and I was just mounting Coral and was trying something different.

I am completely emptying the tank and getting new sand and cleaning everything and going to reset. I’m going to use already cycled Live rock from a friend, but I was wondering if you guys have any tips and tricks.

Since the rock is already cycled, I know it will jumpstart the cycling process, but should I have a cleanup crew right away to help reduce further introduction of bacteria and algae. Is there anything I can do to ensure the tank success from the beginning?
 
How much epoxy did you accidentally add to the tank?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.4%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 18.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 51 34.2%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 6.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 22 14.8%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new