Hardscape tips, tricks, lessons & approach?

Unregistered User

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is the most expensive piece of art I will ever create. Yes, in my opinion this is living art. I have to look at my hardscape for years to come.

It's important to me it's pleasing to the eye, and has depth.

Please share anything I could benefit from & things you've learned from mistakes.

Using reefsaver.

KJAG

Rogue
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is the most expensive piece of art I will ever create. Yes, in my opinion this is living art. I have to look at my hardscape for years to come.

Please share anything I could benefit from & things you've learned from mistakes.

Using reefsaver.
Here’s the go to thread on tips etc

https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/tips-and-tricks-on-creating-amazing-aquascapes.97209/

In my opinion a chisel, hammer and dremel with a masonry attachment is key. You’ll see a lot of people just glue together pieces as they arrived with no modification. Some have good results, but to me the majority of those scapes simply look like exactly what they are: a bunch of rocks stuck next to/ on top of each other.

HolisticBear

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Using reefsaver.

There are a couple of threads on tips + inspiration, one major thread.

A personal tip would be to take it slow and realize there is no rush. You can use one of the many epoxies or AF's welder glue to put the pieces together. Make an outline of your tank on a table in the garage and just have fun. Break the rock when necessary and you don't have to use all the rock you purchased.

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know that you do not have access to Back To Nature backgrounds in the US but probably you can use other stuff to make a great environment in your aquaria. Look at my build thread from post 1 and continued at post 54

Sincerely Lasse

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 13 20.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 2 3.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 8 12.7%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 35 55.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 7.9%
Back