Harlequin Shrimp Feeding?

Pistondog

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think I should be okay, a whole CC star should last about 2 to 3 weeks and it costs me $7 from a LFS
Chop off a leg and feed every other day. Put the rest of the cc in the refugium.
Like someone said they are $$$.
I had somebody whack my harlequin and lost a claw, but like you said, it grew back.

boacvh

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Couple questions for you Harlequin experts:
  1. My harlequin is now mostly done with the 100's of asterinas I had. So I just got a CC to feed him. Will it eat it whole? or do I need to be on the lookout for potential leftovers rotting that I need to remove?
  2. And 2, if I get 2 CCs, to try the rotation people mention, can the 2 coexist in the same sump? I think you mentioned earlier I would need to separate them?
Thanks!

Pistondog

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Couple questions for you Harlequin experts:
  1. My harlequin is now mostly done with the 100's of asterinas I had. So I just got a CC to feed him. Will it eat it whole? or do I need to be on the lookout for potential leftovers rotting that I need to remove?
  2. And 2, if I get 2 CCs, to try the rotation people mention, can the 2 coexist in the same sump? I think you mentioned earlier I would need to separate them?
Thanks!
I cut a leg every 3 days for the shrimp.
Ccs are cannibals so not in same tank.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 24 28.6%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 30 35.7%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 24 28.6%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 6.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.2%
Back