Harlequin shrimp with eggs?

813Reefs

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
May 9, 2022
Messages
36
Reaction score
23
Location
tampa
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone I’m wondering if my female has eggs here a picture

BD6E818A-1FBF-4994-917E-7AD2539D0256.jpeg
 
Do they hold the eggs until they hatch or do they lay them out ?
The female generally carries the clutch for about 20 days provided that fertilization occurred. if not, it gets shedded little by little or at least at molting
 
Hi everyone I’m wondering if my female has eggs here a picture

BD6E818A-1FBF-4994-917E-7AD2539D0256.jpeg
Yes it looks like it, she carries eggs around for about 14 days and then typically releases thousands of larvae into the water column about an hour after the lights go out.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 11 45.8%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 4.2%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 4.2%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 8.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new