Harlequin shrimp

  • Thread starter Thread starter MNFish
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

MNFish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 30, 2020
Messages
1,710
Reaction score
2,867
Location
USA
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I picked up a harlequin shrimp the other day. It is very tiny so for now I have it in a breeder box and have been picking off 3-4 stars a day for it to eat. Making sure there is always 1 star with it. My question is what can I put in the box to make sure it is comfortable? I was thinking a piece of rock or maybe some coral or macro algae? I want to eventually move it into main display but it is nice being able to see it and I am afraid I will not once it is released. Will it be happy in breeder box for a while or am I being selfish keeping it in a little box so I can see it better?
20230128_120002.jpg
 
I picked up a harlequin shrimp the other day. It is very tiny so for now I have it in a breeder box and have been picking off 3-4 stars a day for it to eat. Making sure there is always 1 star with it. My question is what can I put in the box to make sure it is comfortable? I was thinking a piece of rock or maybe some coral or macro algae? I want to eventually move it into main display but it is nice being able to see it and I am afraid I will not once it is released. Will it be happy in breeder box for a while or am I being selfish keeping it in a little box so I can see it better?
20230128_120002.jpg
small piece of rock or even a PVC elbow as they hide quite a bit.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.8%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 5.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 21 20.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 33 31.7%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 8.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 8.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 14 13.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 6.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new