Harlequin tusk acting normal?

  • Thread starter Thread starter hiller
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

hiller

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 21, 2025
Messages
6
Reaction score
0
Location
ontario
What state or country do you live in
Canada
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,
I have had my tusk in my 220g for 3/4 of a month. At first it would swim around and then kind of perch on some rock then swim again. Now it’s swimming and then laying on the sand bed by a cave. It is eating very well and goes after larger chunks of shrimp meant for the zebra moray eel. Just wondering if this is common. I have lots of oxygen and I just did a big water change last night and a small one today just incase. Just wondering if this is a thing they do and take breaks as it’s not continually swimming like tangs. should I be concerned? Lastly it is fake coral because it’s behind my bar and I hate the look of just white live rock.

Thanks
 

Attachments

  • IMG_9342.mov
    101.9 MB
Mine did this a good bit the first month as long as it’s eating good I wouldn’t worry too much
 
Thanks a bunch. It’s swimming laps across the back now.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 18.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 47 34.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new