harliqun brittle star question

Nibejeebies

R2R is the reason for my Insomia
View Badges
Joined
Jan 6, 2016
Messages
1,149
Reaction score
566
Location
Lenoir City, Tennessee
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I was sitting on the couch last night watching "Harley Quin" (Yes I know clique) hiding on her what appears to be her fav spot when she arced up and shot a white milky substance, several times from different orifices around the disk. I found this interesting so I immediately whipped up the googlebot and sought out information to feed my brain.

Turns out she was spawning. My question is, would she spawn just because she felt the need or did she sense something to cause it to happen? Maybe the mini brittle that hitchhiked in caused her to feel the need to spawn? Only had her in the tank for a week so I was kind of in awe since I did not think she had gotten that comfy. Is this something that I should worry about or something I should be proud of? Or is this just normal and keep an eye on?
 
You are correct in both I believe. Either a stress response or a happy response. Check your params esp for ammonia and ph and her feeding needs to make sure she has the right foods.
If everything is all goood. Then yea she's happy.
I doubt its a competition thing, but maybe.
 

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 10 31.3%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 16 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 9.4%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 11 34.4%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 4 12.5%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 15 46.9%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 8 25.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new