Has anyone bought from Orchard Reef corals?

Just John

Valuable Member? Seriously?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It seems like their prices are good and shipping is only $20, but their pictures of zoanthids do not match the names they give very closely. A zoa that should have 3 colors has two in their pictures, etc. But, you get to see what your buying, so what they call it shouldn't matter, I guess. So, has anyone here used them? Opinions?

Last edited:

SnipeEasyC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did. Ordered a frag pack. 10 assorted. Good deal. Sps turned white and died within a day or so. Lps candy cane arrived half dead and slowly died over a week. Recieved a duncan its doing well. As well as a favia and one sps that wasnt labled. Looks like a type of monti? The zoas i received were incredibly colorless. After dosing the tank with z bacteria the zoanthids are alot more colorful than recieved. All in all for $120 no wasnt worth it. I could had emailed and recieved store credit. But store credit for something you arent happy with is like getting your butt kicked than getting back in line. Figured next time ill just order els where instead of never ending cycle of store credit.

SnipeEasyC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I must note. The fresh cut glued to frag plugs died. The stuff that has matured or grown over the plug or was on a rock all survived. But a few things were fresh cut glued to frag plugs.

OP
OP
Just John

Just John

Valuable Member? Seriously?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I must note. The fresh cut glued to frag plugs died. The stuff that has matured or grown over the plug or was on a rock all survived. But a few things were fresh cut glued to frag plugs.
Thanks! You may have saved me some pain!

Back