Has anyone reared lythrypnus dalli?

dingdingboom

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 21, 2017
Messages
2
Reaction score
1
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've tried for years rearing these cute fish. They lay lots of eggs but the larvae never live more than a week or so. I tried giving them copepods, rotifers, to no avail. Appreciate any help! Thanks!
 
I've tried for years rearing these cute fish. They lay lots of eggs but the larvae never live more than a week or so. I tried giving them copepods, rotifers, to no avail. Appreciate any help! Thanks!
Go on reef nutrition.com they got plenty of smaller foods just for hatchlings. Pods are for when the fry are a little bigger
 
Last edited:
I've tried for years rearing these cute fish. They lay lots of eggs but the larvae never live more than a week or so. I tried giving them copepods, rotifers, to no avail. Appreciate any help! Thanks!

Catalina gobies are so awesome. You should go contact Dr. Andy Rhyne about them. He has been successful raising them. He is at Roger Williams University in Rhode Island. I believe he offers them copepods when they first start eating and then on to rotifers. He also uses live Isochrysis algae as greenwater. The students in the lab call them California cockroaches because they breed like crazy. You may want to keep them at lower temperatures since they are a cold water species.

Here is his contact information:https://www.rwu.edu/academics/schools-and-colleges/fssns/faculty/andrew-rhyne
One of his grad students may be able help out as well: Joseph Szczebak https://www.rwu.edu/academics/schools-and-colleges/fssns/faculty/joe-szczebak

We have plenty of copepod and rotifer starters that we can send you as well. I have a copepod that has a 70 micron nauplius. It is Apocyclops panamensis and eats our non-viable (dead) algae. I have had them in culture for 4 years now and have never fed them live algae. Same with our rotifers.

Good luck!

Chad
 
Catalina gobies are so awesome. You should go contact Dr. Andy Rhyne about them. He has been successful raising them. He is at Roger Williams University in Rhode Island. I believe he offers them copepods when they first start eating and then on to rotifers. He also uses live Isochrysis algae as greenwater. The students in the lab call them California cockroaches because they breed like crazy. You may want to keep them at lower temperatures since they are a cold water species.

Here is his contact information:https://www.rwu.edu/academics/schools-and-colleges/fssns/faculty/andrew-rhyne
One of his grad students may be able help out as well: Joseph Szczebak https://www.rwu.edu/academics/schools-and-colleges/fssns/faculty/joe-szczebak

We have plenty of copepod and rotifer starters that we can send you as well. I have a copepod that has a 70 micron nauplius. It is Apocyclops panamensis and eats our non-viable (dead) algae. I have had them in culture for 4 years now and have never fed them live algae. Same with our rotifers.

Good luck!

Chad
Thanks for the reply! I wasn't able to get any information from them though. Has anyone else raised these little guys?
 

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 3 60.0%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new