Has anyone rented a PAR meter before?

  • Thread starter Thread starter TehBrainz
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

TehBrainz

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 31, 2018
Messages
725
Reaction score
523
Location
Baltimore, MD
What state or country do you live in
Maryland
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm looking to understand my par levels in my tank as I've tweaked then over the last 12 months or so from an older setup.

Looking at renting a PAR meter from saltwateraquarium.com but wanted to see if anyone else has tried this before.

LFS will come out and take readings but it's a $80 house call vs. $100 for my own experimentation and setups for 30 days.

https://www.saltwateraquarium.com/r...spectrum-underwater-quantum-par-meter-apogee/
 
Here in Austin, I rent from LFS at $20 for 24 hours.
 
I rented at my LFS for $50/week, just had to put in a $400 hold while I had the meter.

Best thing I could have ever done. I went nuts on measuring every possible light option and position I might use in all of my tanks so as to make the best use of the time.

It's immensely satisfying, and also let me know that the problem I thought I was having - not enough PAR - was the exact opposite and I've been blasting my tanks with a lot of light.

Also, for renting purposes, be prepared to either make your own holding arm, or make sure they provide one. Not sure about where you're looking to rent from, whether they include some kind of arm/holder or not.
 
I have that same meter mq510. It works great for led or halides or t5. also have an mq200 that ive used many years for halides.
i would want it for a month more than just a day if those were my options
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 44.0%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 7 28.0%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new