OP
BBoley24

BBoley24

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Yeah I bought these last week. Jeff is a good dude over there. I've never seen them on the net. It maybe hype but I think they're awesome!

OP
OP
BBoley24

BBoley24

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I know... it was an impulse buy. I think I got it for $45... the first one didn't do so well so he ended up replacing it for me.

Tabasco1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hype?? I'm confused... Aqua world is a sponsor on this site. If it was AW why wouldn't they just start a thread with a pic and $?? Pretty sure I see lots of vendors doing that. And I love the eye candy.

My definition of hype is when a coral is posted without any sale price to get it "hyped" up before trying to sell. That link was direct to the coral with a price.

Last edited:

SPSkeeper

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Come on guys, life is too short to argue over something like this. Hype will always be around, like it or not. Look at how every other coral was hyped, rhyzos, scolys, all of the zoas and their names, chalices, and everything in between. It all comes down to what a person is willing to pay. I love acros but do not like the "red dragon" species, it's just not my cup of tea so I move on and don't look back. If you like it, awesome, don't bother me one bit :) People don't actually realize that when chalices started to come into the hobby they couldn't give the darn things away, a lot of wholesalers actually chucked them into the garbage and now look at how many people keep them(myself included).

OP
OP
BBoley24

BBoley24

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Ah I understand now. No, I don't get any discounts from Aquaworld. I sure wish I did! AW gets some really nice stuff and the majority of it is in Jeff's collection. My name is Brett. I am not a vendor nor am I close to a vendor. But I am an addict. I really don't like the "naming" process for coral but I know its a necessary evil in this industry. He had a rock in there covered with 4 different types of polyps. I believe it was the Princess/Captain Americas and some other cool stuff. I asked him how much for the whole rock, he responded "how does $1200 sound"?

turbo21

Fenchies and Fish Oh My
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No, I'm saying I think you're producing hype. Like you're in on it with Jeff or are Jeff.

I know Jeff and Bboley (brett) and they are definitely not the same person. No hype here

and have i seen them before? Yep got em in my tank too brett haha. Must be a pittsburgh thing

and also to clear it up Brett is a normal crazy and addicted reefer who i referred to this site

bob

Last edited:
OP
OP
BBoley24

BBoley24

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
That's right. I heart R2R... and bob. and Jeff. Wait what??? Since we are on a lovefest here... I love R2R! It is seriously 10x what RC is. It's so much more personal and I feel like the guys im dealing with are straight and legit thus far.

SPSkeeper

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
lol...... Once you get saltwater runnin through your veins there is no cure unfortunately :) Your wallet will suffer tremendously in due time.

Mr. Microscope

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know Jeff and Bboley (brett) and they are definitely not the same person. No hype here

and have i seen them before? Yep got em in my tank too brett haha. Must be a pittsburgh thing

and also to clear it up Brett is a normal crazy and addicted reefer who i referred to this site

bob

That's right. I heart R2R... and bob. and Jeff. Wait what??? Since we are on a lovefest here... I love R2R! It is seriously 10x what RC is. It's so much more personal and I feel like the guys im dealing with are straight and legit thus far.

I stand corrected. Sorry for starting a fire there. They do look like nice polyps.
:sorry: :squigglemouth:

OP
OP
BBoley24

BBoley24

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
No probs. I got kicked from RC after a dispute because I accused a reefcentral member for being the owner of NY Aquatics. He was posing as an advocate for the company claiming there no wrong doing. He continually told me that he had "talked to the owner" and was pretty much "relaying" information back to me. Never got a call, got a refund a few weeks later after getting kicked by "DgenR8" mod.

So I get the angst of vendor provocateurs. It can be deceiving... in this case... I don't like their prices but I am in love with their products.

Mr. Microscope

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No probs. I got kicked from RC after a dispute because I accused a reefcentral member for being the owner of NY Aquatics. He was posing as an advocate for the company claiming there no wrong doing. He continually told me that he had "talked to the owner" and was pretty much "relaying" information back to me. Never got a call, got a refund a few weeks later after getting kicked by "DgenR8" mod.

So I get the angst of vendor provocateurs. It can be deceiving... in this case... I don't like their prices but I am in love with their products.
Lolz! I think about everyone has gotten a warning or has been kicked out of RC. It seems honest people with no ill will are getting booted for the stupidest reasons. I've heard lots of complaints. I've gotten two warnings myself. One was for sharing a link to another site cause I was trying to share info/educate, and the other was for trying to sell some reef related artwork. It's frickin' ridiculous over there. I hardly ever visit RC anymore. Go R2R!

Last edited:

TheSaint216

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice polyps. I got banned from RC because I tried to sell things that I used when I started. I'm on my third set up in a year and a half. I think the way some of these other forums act takes away from The Hobby. For me this is 1 of if not the best forum because people are knowledgeable and actually care to respond to you

OP
OP
BBoley24

BBoley24

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
It's very true. I still use it for informational purposes as their archives are VAST! But as I mentioned earlier... since ive been on here it's been great.

poomba

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I feel like their sps and fish info is better than anywhere else, but r2r smokes them on attitude, zoa, and lps info. I also like that they have dr. Louis rocha, copps, and rufus kimura posting.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

OP
OP
BBoley24

BBoley24

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Oh poomba how I revel in your collection. Your Bowser write up was incredible regardless of people's feelings on the subject.

SeymourDuncan

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Lol. I think we all have at one point. :) Im glad the fire went out too. Hype is for EGOREEF.COM

Last edited:
Back