Has anyone seen this before?

Do you have any emerald crabs or large Mexican turbo snails? I wondered if what I saw was from the emeralds parking next to a colony for a day or two or snails bumping them.


I was going to ask the same question, turbos will do this.
 
I keep catching the male emeralds that I need to get out of the tank sitting at the base of my acros which could be part of what I was seeing. The large turbos could be part of it too but who knows really. I just kept an eye on it and made sure none of it kept getting worst and now everything’s fine and growing.
 
I keep catching the male emeralds that I need to get out of the tank sitting at the base of my acros which could be part of what I was seeing. The large turbos could be part of it too but who knows really. I just kept an eye on it and made sure none of it kept getting worst and now everything’s fine and growing.
It’s the same here, the damage is never super critical but it does seem to keep returning. I’m also wondering if it is enough stress to have any appreciable impact on growth (which has been very slow for me lately).


Are you talking about Atlantic tangs?
It’s possible, I’ve never kept one but I’ve seen my kole tang that I keep in my frag tank doing it but not that often.
Sorry I meant Atlantic turbo snails.

I also took a few more pictures of the spots, one of which is a new spot.

2594318A-F599-4541-89A2-92E18C20A571.jpeg
447E9A40-8CBB-467E-850C-1AAF24C0DC6F.jpeg
AF49D30C-C94A-43BB-B18F-EAFFE40E7F8E.jpeg
EA697805-F036-469B-90D5-0658B41D76C3.jpeg

I know these aren’t great but I don’t know how to get a better macro picture.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 12 26.7%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 16 35.6%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 5 11.1%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 2.2%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 6.7%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 5 11.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 6.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new