Has anyone tried a red sea reefer water fluctuation overflow silencer ring

kriskool123

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a red sea reefer 350 g2 and I always have water flowing down the emergency drain to keep the water level in the sump and tank constant (even after buying a DC return pump).

1.png
Has anyone tried this and does it work for you?

Thank you!

OP
OP
kriskool123

kriskool123

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow this water fluctuation ringworks amazing for anyone who has a Red Sea refer 350g2 with lots of surface agitation this is a must have. My tank is much more quiet with this !!!!

EeyoreIsMySpiritAnimal

Just another girl who likes fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a red sea reefer 350 g2 and I always have water flowing down the emergency drain to keep the water level in the sump and tank constant (even after buying a DC return pump).

1.png
Has anyone tried this and does it work for you?

Thank you!
I would not recommend putting anything on the emergency drain that will restrict water flow or encourage snails, etc to crawl on it...

OP
OP
kriskool123

kriskool123

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would not recommend putting anything on the emergency drain that will restrict water flow or encourage snails, etc to crawl on it...
I don’t think it really restricts flow (see photo). It just channels the water to not flow so fast down the drain. That’s what it seems like

Attachments

• IMG_8927.jpeg
    IMG_8927.jpeg
    225.8 KB · Views: 34

EeyoreIsMySpiritAnimal

Just another girl who likes fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t think it really restricts flow (see photo). It just channels the water to not flow so fast down the drain. That’s what it seems like
So, you have an emergency drain (a pipe to handle the entire amount of water the return pump sends to your tank, in the event the main drain is blocked) that you're ok with water "not flowing so fast" through? Again, you don't want to restrict that pipe or you risk a flood if your main drain fails. You're defeating the purpose of the emergency drain. And don't you see how much easier it would be for a snail or 2 (or a piece of macro or nori) to block the emergency drain with that device installed?

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 15.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 84 56.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 7.4%
Back