Has anyone tried Salifert test kits lately?

surfn

I bleed orange and maroon
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yeah, i understand what is going on with alk/calcium.

and before when i was doing 2-part i hardly needed to test at all as i always knew where my levels were at. but i just switched over from 2-part to saturated kalk in my top off water about a month ago, right about the same time my calcium and magnesium test kits were running out which sucks.

luckily, last time i bought salifert alk kits last spring, i bought 2 at the same time. so i still have about half of one of those left.

Who Dah?

Exoticfrags.us
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lamotte and Elos are supposed to be the "new" Salifert...

Can you elaborate on that a bit?

i really don't like having to read alk in whole numbers (i.e. 7/8/9/10)

Agreed. The ALK Elos kit requires... 5 mL of water I think? Or is it two... At any rate, can one double the water and then each drop would be 1/2 instead of 1 full increment? I realize this means your test kit lasts 1/2 as long... (Mathematically and Statistically a bit longer than 1/2, but you know... Heh!)

I really enjoy the Elos ALK kit for it's ease of use. Do any of these (more reliable manufacture) test kits simply Calcium or Magnesium in the way that the Elos kit simplifies ALK?

FWIW: I use the Salifert and Elos ALK kits side by side. A bit of cross checking. :D They're usually close.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 84 87.5%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 6.3%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 3 3.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.1%
Back