Has anyone used the website AJ’s Aquariums

2manyideas

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently stumbled across this website and they have some corals that caught my eye. Seems like they have a little bit of a presence on eBay but I can’t find much information on them. Has anyone used them before?

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have not.

thatmanMIKEson

Reefing ain't easy$
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just did, they are 10 minutes from my house

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220511-210456_Gmail.jpg
    Screenshot_20220511-210456_Gmail.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 69
  • Screenshot_20220511-210308_Gmail.jpg
    Screenshot_20220511-210308_Gmail.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 66

FL_Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought some stuff from him last year at reefapalooza. Actually he was my favorite vendor. Best packaging and prices imo. Everything I got from him did well. Was disappointed he wasn’t there this year

nano reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have bought from him many times both on ebay and store! My daughter lives down the street from him and visits me every weeknd so she usually is the one that picks up my orders for me! I was real dissapointed last order. He used to hook me up and always gave me xtra poly[s on zoa but not this time :c

He does have some high end chalices, blasto ect and I am kicking myself all the time that I didnt get the panty droppers and chalices he was selling on ebay last year! I always missed bids by a few bucks but he was selling some with 4 and 5 polyps and now he wants 499 a polyp! I think he is in a grow out stage now because he isnt doing any auctions and his website is pretty wiped out!

One thing I will say is beware of the funky critters in his zoas! They look like spiders but when I googled zoa spiders they dont look the same! They have always come off with a dip I just hope they arent leaving eggs behind but all my zoas are doing fine!

ngorup

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ordered 12 Berghia from AJ’s Saturday 2/25/23. Got confirmation that they would ship Monday 2/27 for delivery 2/28. They delivered on time and very active. I had a few questions on the Berghia age and acclimation before they arrived and sent an inquiry through the website and they answered in less than a 1/2 hour. I wouldn’t hesitate to order again from them.

thatmanMIKEson

Reefing ain't easy$
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have bought from him many times both on ebay and store! My daughter lives down the street from him and visits me every weeknd so she usually is the one that picks up my orders for me! I was real dissapointed last order. He used to hook me up and always gave me xtra poly[s on zoa but not this time :c

He does have some high end chalices, blasto ect and I am kicking myself all the time that I didnt get the panty droppers and chalices he was selling on ebay last year! I always missed bids by a few bucks but he was selling some with 4 and 5 polyps and now he wants 499 a polyp! I think he is in a grow out stage now because he isnt doing any auctions and his website is pretty wiped out!

One thing I will say is beware of the funky critters in his zoas! They look like spiders but when I googled zoa spiders they dont look the same! They have always come off with a dip I just hope they arent leaving eggs behind but all my zoas are doing fine!
I'm not sure that's all 100% accurate. If you find any critters you don't want or there's an issue with cost there are literally tons of vendors out there. I wouldn't spread one bad transaction around like it's something to be expected every time from someone honest trying to make a business. I've gotten 100's of corals from big name vendors with every pest out there at one point or another. I would think if you contacted him he would absolutely make it right, vs going online to vent about it, in fact I've gotten several orders from aj, I too live down the road and I find him and his corals extremely professional. I will order from him again.

nano reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not sure that's all 100% accurate. If you find any critters you don't want or there's an issue with cost there are literally tons of vendors out there. I wouldn't spread one bad transaction around like it's something to be expected every time from someone honest trying to make a business. I've gotten 100's of corals from big name vendors with every pest out there at one point or another. I would think if you contacted him he would absolutely make it right, vs going online to vent about it, in fact I've gotten several orders from aj, I too live down the road and I find him and his corals extremely professional. I will order from him again.
Actually to be honest I was being kind and it was much more then one transaction and I didnt come online to vent! He is rude and very unprofessional! So now I iwill vent: Not to mention Every order that had zoas had creepy spider looking things! The reason my daughter picks up for me is he blocked me from Ebay for rescheduling (son was in hospital )on him on my 2nd order so I used my daughters name after that! He was really rude in person and on emails. Didnt offer a handshake or a smile! Even the first order which I was on time and nothing happened other then he very unfriendly! No thank you no smile no hello and no enjoy your corals! Then he had the gall to say I showed up without correct change so between that and rescheduling. He blocked me! I never asked him for a dime back I let him have the rest as a tip being I didnt have correct change! I admit I kept going back but only because he is local and does ebay auction so I have won some high end corals at great prices! With no shipping fees He dosnt carry much high end anymore so I havnt dealt with him in a while and I extremely didnt like the fact that I introduced him to my son with down syndome and he didint even say hi back! I get the impression he dosnt like to meet up and rather ship. He even said as much, after I rescheduled. How I took from his time and its much easier to ship them make meet up plans with people. He sells from his house so its not like you can just show up but if he cant handle it he should offer free pick up knowing he has to make plans with people!

nycfreshreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have gotten some high end pieces from him all healthy and fairly priced would not hesitate to purchase he seems like a stand up guy

Colemansreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Probably tunicates, I had a scare with some zoas from a local dude and he was sure they were zoa spiders turned out to be a type of tunicate.

nano reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, I shouldnt have said that! I wish I could delete this comment! I googled the zoas spiders and it wasnt that. I forgot what I read that It probably was. Something harmless though! I think he was rude to me because he was upset about me rescheduling.

My son passed away after that and it upset me so much that he didn't smile or say hi back to him!

Most kind hearted people loved my son especially knowing he was mentally challenged, he didint have a mean bone in his body! He loved people and was the kindest most loving person I ever knew.

Even though that happened I would still buy from him and have tried but he wont allow me to! Sucks because he is local and I wouldnt have shipping fees! He said he wouldnt sell to me because I bashed him on here but he already had blocked me before this! I only spoke the truth when someone accused me of bashing him I let the whole story out and I do regret it!

Colemansreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Came back here to say, I placed an order through AJ. I got a single head of dragon tamer torch single head of splatter octospawn Frankenstein bounce 1/2”-3/4” pink digitata 1”+ and death maul zoas 2-3 polyps. I got a dragon tamer that has 2 heads that are splitting which from a lot of other people I’ve ordered from that would be sold as 2 heads technically could be cut mostly still connected because flesh extends well down the base. An octospawn that is 2 heads was splitting when I first got it had that little string connecting them but in the last week it has completely separated it looked like it had signs of bailout when I first got it but I think it’s going to be okay. Got a frank that’s easily 1” possibly larger I don’t think it’s fully opened in my tank yet and the pink panther digi is easily 1.25” tall plus it’s about 1/2” diameter at the base with 3 branches extending pretty decent chunk and the darth mauls had 4 polyps and a baby.

MaximaLover!

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently placed an order with AJs and it was all mushrooms. My order arrived on time with a couple freebies. I absolutely love the mushrooms I was sent and would recommend their corals for anyone.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 104 75.9%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 10.9%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 5.8%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.5%
Back