Fiji Yellow leathers

mfinn

likes zoanthids
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Here is mine. From @SupraSaltyReefer post on these guys, I turned my XR15 gen 5 to 100% cool white and 100% green. Love the color on this one coral, but makes the rest of the tank look very, very wrong.
There was no attempt at adding any saturation or extra color. All of this tint is only from the cw and green leds. Picture done with a Samsung S20 Ultra.

Maybe try it with 50% green and 100% cw.

small 1.jpg

Last edited:

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
10k with which lights?
I’ve been bouncing back and forth with kessil tuna blue and tuna sun. This photo is under the former at its lowest color setting (12K maybe?).

IMG_4161.jpeg

Corals.com

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For anyone wondering, I did end up ordering one from corals.com and I couldn't be happier with the experience. They sent exactly what I ordered (I know how that sounds but I think we all know how often people get sent the wrong coral and get told to wait for it to "color up"). But yes they sent a very yellow leather, packaging was great, and polyps started to extend even while it was still in the bag floating so it must've had a very stress free traveling experience. @Corals.com I'm always hesitant purchasing live animals online but I have to give credit where its due, you guys did a fantastic job and I look forward to hopefully more yellow leathers in the future.
Thanks for your order! We appreciate you! Great to hear your Yellow Leather came in happy and healthy, it looks phenomenal! Always love hearing about our customer's experiences, thanks again!

mfinn

likes zoanthids
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
2 more tries.
First picture is with my CoralCare gen 2 fixtures set on a shallow reef and a xr15 with cw leds set at 100% and green at 50%.
The second picture is with the lights off early this morning.

Attachments

• daylight.jpg
    daylight.jpg
    244.3 KB · Views: 27
  • small 1.jpg
    small 1.jpg
    126.6 KB · Views: 27

Big E

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Not to disappoint anyone but this coral always was a spicy mustard type color, not French's yellow. As most are finding out it's not going to look good at all under heavier blue lighting

I had a huge colony.............it's weed like most softies. I couldn't give away frags of it back then.

For anyone that wants it, be patient as it will be a $15-20 coral coral in less than 6 months. Blue head group reefers are not going to want it as it doesn't pop.............another reason it will drop in price like a rock.

Don't want to sound like I'm bashing it.............it's a cool coral and a nice addition to those that like softies. It has lots of folds like a anemone. It can be touchy at times and the polyps aren't always out or as dense as a toadstool.

This is under 12-14k type T5 lighting. At the time of this pic it was about 9-10" and taking up a massive amount of space
figi yellow300013_RJ.JPG

Last edited:

Trevor Paden

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone,

I was wondering if anyone has gotten a yellow leather since Fiji re/opened, and if so where did you get it? I’ve been on the lookout for a true yellow for awhile now but haven’t been able to find one. Only seen them for sale on tidal gardens website for like two hours before they sold out and those were very small frags it seems. If anyone knows the best place to get one from please let me know! Thanks!
My lfs has them right now for $60 they are not sure what they are....But I know for a fack they are real. I have close ties with them so I got one for $40. :)

19Mateo83

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
One of my LFS has fairly large yellows for $99. What’s really interesting is they have green, teal and purple Fiji leathers also as well as a long polyp variant. Does anyone have and pictures or has bought another color variant other than the yellows?

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 14.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 7.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.7%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 78 55.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.4%
Back