Fiji Yellow leathers

wmv

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone,

I was wondering if anyone has gotten a yellow leather since Fiji re/opened, and if so where did you get it? I’ve been on the lookout for a true yellow for awhile now but haven’t been able to find one. Only seen them for sale on tidal gardens website for like two hours before they sold out and those were very small frags it seems. If anyone knows the best place to get one from please let me know! Thanks!

mfinn

likes zoanthids
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Hey everyone,

I was wondering if anyone has gotten a yellow leather since Fiji re/opened, and if so where did you get it? I’ve been on the lookout for a true yellow for awhile now but haven’t been able to find one. Only seen them for sale on tidal gardens website for like two hours before they sold out and those were very small frags it seems. If anyone knows the best place to get one from please let me know! Thanks!
I found mine at my favorite local reef store, Barrier Reef Aquariums. Had to get on a wait list, but was able to get one from their second shipment.
Might want to check around at your local stores.

OP
OP
W

wmv

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I found mine at my favorite local reef store, Barrier Reef Aquariums. Had to get on a wait list, but was able to get one from their second shipment.
Might want to check around at your local stores.
That's awesome how's it doing so far in your tank? And yeah I've been visiting my LFS's every weekend but nothing yet... definitely going to keep an eye out though.

mfinn

likes zoanthids
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
That's awesome how's it doing so far in your tank? And yeah I've been visiting my LFS's every weekend but nothing yet... definitely going to keep an eye out though.
It's doing ok. But I am struggling with my led lighting and getting the color down to 10k. Definitely needs 10k or lower.

OP
OP
W

wmv

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's doing ok. But I am struggling with my led lighting and getting the color down to 10k. Definitely needs 10k or lower.
What kind of lights do you have and would you mind sharing what % white and blue you run?

mfinn

likes zoanthids
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Hey everyone,

I see there are currently 3 Fiji yellow leathers at corals.com

mfinn

likes zoanthids
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
What kind of lights do you have and would you mind sharing what % white and blue you run?
I have a pair of CoralCare gen 2 fixtures and I pretty turned the blues off.
I have a gen 5 XR15 and I'm going to try and see if I can use it like a spot light. Turn the blues and uv off completely and point it towards the yellow leather

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also ordered a yellow from corals.com. Got a Koji nepthia also. Now it’s full ☹️. I run my softie tank at right around 10K.

OP
OP
W

wmv

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For anyone wondering, I did end up ordering one from corals.com and I couldn't be happier with the experience. They sent exactly what I ordered (I know how that sounds but I think we all know how often people get sent the wrong coral and get told to wait for it to "color up"). But yes they sent a very yellow leather, packaging was great, and polyps started to extend even while it was still in the bag floating so it must've had a very stress free traveling experience. @Corals.com I'm always hesitant purchasing live animals online but I have to give credit where its due, you guys did a fantastic job and I look forward to hopefully more yellow leathers in the future.

Attachments

• 1709214546623.jpeg
    1709214546623.jpeg
    104.3 KB · Views: 63
  • 1709214565880.jpeg
    1709214565880.jpeg
    213 KB · Views: 65

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How does yours look!

It survived shipping and looks pretty good. Generally, softies take a few days to settle in.

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
FWIW, these seem to do better under whiter light. I've been gradually reducing the color temp of my lights - probably around 10K now.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 83 56.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.8%
Back