Has ruby reed kick ich worked for anyone?

HildebrandRarity

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been reading a lot about ich the past few days and I had some kick ich laying around and my friend used it before and said it worked or at least seemed like it worked. I don’t really think any product can cure it but Mayby help maintain it. Put some in yesterday and was wondering if anyone has tried this before? Considering hypo salinity if it doesn’t go away soon

TriggerFinger

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I haven’t seen many positive reviews for kick ich. I’ve never used it myself but here’s a bump, maybe someone else can answer.

espinobj

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Using Kick Ich currently. I will say a few things... It worked... kinda. So far I have been dosing it every other day for about a month. Greatly decreased the number of visible spots. Only my Blue tang has them and less than 5 total. Zoas and CUC dont seem to be affected. I did loose my BTA (may or may not be related. He was less than 2 weeks in the tank) and it DECIMATED my copepods, I only seem to have >1/8in or so surviving. I ordered another 64oz of Kick Ich to continue dosing as I see progress. If it was more feasible I would pull the fish and do a full QT.

I will also say I didnt get Ich from a fish I made the mistake or putting in some snails with their water. Learned my lesson.

I would use Kick again if I couldn't get the fish out of the tank. It's slow, more expensive than I would wish. When I upgrade I will do a full quarantine as I feel Ich wont ever be gone in my current tank only managed.

LovesDogs_CatsRokay

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m using it now, I don’t know if it actually helps or not, but it hasn’t hurt anything. I’m really relying on feeding a lot of healthy nutritious food and nori. The kick ich and rally combo is more of a sure, why not try.

Uncle99

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I doubt kick ick was a major contributor to your fishes health but it does contribute a lot to margins.
You can manage ick with great water stability, low tank stress, and high protein varied diets.
Strong, low stress fish appear immune to this parasite.

espinobj

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I'll follow up on this. DT was visually free from Ich for about 2 weeks now. I have been continuously dosing Ruby Reef Kick Ich every other day for 45 days. After adding a clown who has been in QT with copper@ 0.5 for 30 days he presented with ich within 48 hrs of being in the DT. None of the existing fish in the DT have any visual signs of Ich including a blue and yellow tang.

Im very confident in saying Kick Ich Is worthless and my fish in the DT have built up immunity.

OP
OP
HildebrandRarity

HildebrandRarity

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I'll follow up on this. DT was visually free from Ich for about 2 weeks now. I have been continuously dosing Ruby Reef Kick Ich every other day for 45 days. After adding a clown who has been in QT with copper@ 0.5 for 30 days he presented with ich within 48 hrs of being in the DT. None of the existing fish in the DT have any visual signs of Ich including a blue and yellow tang.

Im very confident in saying Kick Ich Is worthless and my fish in the DT have built up immunity.
Thanks for your reply, I found out my fish had Lymphocystis instead of ich, wish you happy and healthy fish

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 16 17.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 4 4.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 16 17.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 48 52.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 8.7%
Back