Has Seachem Stability done its job?

  • Thread starter Thread starter dranjithk
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
Sure, thanks! You mean NH4CL and NH4OH? Or either of those is fine?

Yes, and either is fine. The first is ammonium chloride and the second is ammonium hydroxide, often just being called ammonia (literally, ammonia by itself is a bottled gas).
 
Update:

Day 18-19: The Seachem indicator had finally turned yellow. The Salifert result also matched with the Seachem badge.

@Randy Holmes-Farley, the Nitrite is still not zero. The Salifert test returns 0.5 to 1. Would you pin it on false readings?

Note: I did not dose Ammonia by any means (fish food/NH4CL). I just thought I'd give it a couple more days and it worked. Brandon, thought this point would be noteworthy for you.

Day 20: Got a pair of clowns. They've been in the tank for 24 hrs and they seem to be doing okay. No signs of stress. And they're eating proper

Also, can someone tell me what type of clowns are these? Look like Onyx to me, but the LFS wasn't too sure.


WhatsApp Image 2021-11-02 at 10.33.27 AM (1).jpeg WhatsApp Image 2021-11-02 at 10.40.47 AM.jpeg
 
Last edited:
Update:

Day 18-19: The Seachem indicator had finally turned yellow. The Salifert result also matched with the Seachem badge.

@Randy Holmes-Farley, the Nitrite is still not zero. The Salifert test returns 0.5 to 1. Would you pin it on false readings?

Note: I did not dose Ammonia by any means (fish food/NH4CL). I just thought I'd give it a couple more days and it worked. Brandon, thought this point would be noteworthy for you.

Day 20: Got a pair of clowns. They've been in the tank for 24 hrs and they seem to be doing okay. No signs of stress. And they're eating proper

Also, can someone tell me what type of clowns are these? Look like Onyx to me, but the LFS wasn't too sure.


WhatsApp Image 2021-11-02 at 10.33.27 AM (1).jpeg WhatsApp Image 2021-11-02 at 10.40.47 AM.jpeg
Have you forgotten about this;
https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/has-seachem-stability-done-its-job.868543/page-2#post-9508290
 
Update:

Day 18-19: The Seachem indicator had finally turned yellow. The Salifert result also matched with the Seachem badge.

@Randy Holmes-Farley, the Nitrite is still not zero. The Salifert test returns 0.5 to 1. Would you pin it on false readings?

Note: I did not dose Ammonia by any means (fish food/NH4CL). I just thought I'd give it a couple more days and it worked. Brandon, thought this point would be noteworthy for you.

Day 20: Got a pair of clowns. They've been in the tank for 24 hrs and they seem to be doing okay. No signs of stress. And they're eating proper

Also, can someone tell me what type of clowns are these? Look like Onyx to me, but the LFS wasn't too sure.


WhatsApp Image 2021-11-02 at 10.33.27 AM (1).jpeg WhatsApp Image 2021-11-02 at 10.40.47 AM.jpeg

While the nitrite may not be accurate, I see no reason to suppose it is. it is also not any sort of concern.

What does yellow mean in terms of ammonia? That's what you should be concerned with.
 
While the nitrite may not be accurate, I see no reason to suppose it is. it is also not any sort of concern.

What does yellow mean in terms of ammonia? That's what you should be concerned with.
Yellow signifies <0.02 PPM of Ammonia. It is marked 'Safe' on the package.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 5 45.5%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 3 27.3%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 9.1%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 9.1%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new