Have any of your fish grown larger than the supposed 'max size' for said species?

Have any of your fish grown larger than the supposed 'max size' for said species?

• Total voters

Azedenkae

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As per title.

Just out of curiosity. If yes, what was the expected max size, and what size did it/they actually reach?

Of course, different sites/sources can specify different max sizes as well, so feel free to state where the expected max size you got was/were from.

OP
OP
Azedenkae

Azedenkae

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had an absolutely massive royal gramma that was about 3-4 inches long and at least 3/4" thick...
Well that certainly fits the bill lol. When I think royal gramma I don't ever think of anything more than 8cm in length... how long did you have it? Was it a big eater?

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I had an absolutely massive royal gramma that was about 3-4 inches long and at least 3/4" thick...
Wow! That must've been an awesome monster!

Nigel35

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well that certainly fits the bill lol. When I think royal gramma I don't ever think of anything more than 8cm in length... how long did you have it? Was it a big eater?
Still alive to this day. Had it for more than 4 years at the least if I remember correctly. Ate voraciously.

OP
OP
Azedenkae

Azedenkae

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Still alive to this day. Had it for more than 4 years at the least if I remember correctly. Ate voraciously.
That's awesome. I always pondered this - I know there are some 'river monsters' that grow really, really large. Always wondered how large marine fish can get if they are fed heaps and heaps.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 39 23.1%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 58 34.3%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 53 31.4%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 8.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.4%
Back