One fish, two fish, time to count fish! What is the most of any one species of fish in your primary tank?

What is the most of any one species of fish in your primary tank?

• 0 (no fish in my tank)

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 6 27.3%

Votes: 7 31.8%

Votes: 1 4.5%

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 5 or more

Votes: 8 36.4%

• Total voters

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
One fish, two fish, time to count fish! What is the most of any one species of fish in your primary tank?

Whether you have a fish-only tank, a reef tank with only utility fish, or a reef tank full of fish, there are often many species of fish. Some species of fish are usually added one at a time whereas other species may be more comfortable in groups. For example, it may be acceptable to add a single Anthias, but they also do well in groups. When you look at your primary aquarium, what is the most that you have of any one species of fish? Whether you only have one of each species or you have several of one species of fish, in the related discussion please let us know why you made the choice that you made about how many fish to add to your tank.

ChristopherKriens_Fish.jpeg

Photo by @ChristopherKriens

This QOTD is sponsored by: www.worldwidecorals.com

WWCBanner.png

“At WWC our staff takes the worry out of the equation by culturing extremely healthy corals, giving you a hassle-free guarantee, and providing you with a full online customer service team to ensure you are completely satisfied with your purchase.”

ChristopherKreins_ROTM.jpeg

Jedi1199

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The most of any single type I have 3 Pajama Cardinals...

I have a couple pairs and the rest are all singles.

All totaled I have 16 or 17 fish in my 180g

o2manyfish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is a tough question (for me).

I have 18 tangs. But does it matter if some are zebrasoma or acanthurus and some are not?

I have 10 angels - But some are Genicanthus (4) and some are paracentropyge and Apolemythcis (sp?)

I have 20+ anthias - 12-14 are Kashwei (sp?) the others are mixed.

I have 20+ Damsels - Several types

I have 20+ Gobies - But the most i have of any type is Bar goby or Fire Fish - which is different than a clown goby, neon goby or a mandarin (2)

I have over 20 cardinals - But they are split between blue eye or blue spine and Bangai

Dave B

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 22 28.9%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 28 36.8%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 20 26.3%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 6.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.3%
Back