Have Big Problem HELP

wvreef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok Put a long tip anmone in my tank 4 days ago with my wave makers off and he was attached great, so I turned on the wave maker and all day he was great, went to bed and woke up to a disaster, he was gone sucked thru the wave maker and shredded.... now my water is slightly milky, what do I need to do, is this going to kill my clown fish Help!!!

My water is:
salinity up 1.026 (getting down with water change)
PH is 8.6
Nitrite .25
Ammonia 0.00
Nitrate 0.00

my skimmer is really bubbling and filling up have changed it twice this morning already....

thanks, kelly

wish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
do a water change and replace and or add carbon! this happened to me and I was lucky! good luck

Urban Reef

Coral Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
do a water change and replace and or add carbon! this happened to me and I was lucky! good luck

+1 this is what you need to do. Don't worry most of us have been there. Had the same thing happen to a Bubble Tip Anemone and a powerhead.

OP
OP
W

wvreef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks everyone did a 10 gallon water change and everything is looking much much better...... no more anomnes for me for awhile:sad:
I just thought after 4 days of no moving he was set and liked where he was, but guess not......

again thank you all so much, everyone on here are always helpful....

thanks, kelly

whip1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks everyone did a 10 gallon water change and everything is looking much much better...... no more anomnes for me for awhile:sad:
I just thought after 4 days of no moving he was set and liked where he was, but guess not......

again thank you all so much, everyone on here are always helpful....

thanks, kelly
your tank is way too new for a nem and your lights are only pc's right?

CapnMorgan

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Personally I don't believe the tank is too new, I have set up lots of tanks and added anemones within the first couple weeks, all have done perfectly well. I have also kept anemones under PC's with success, including a white sebae in a 29 gallon biocube that is currently running. Supplemental feedings will make up the difference along with placement high in the tank.

The more likely reason the anemone moved is the change in flow. When adding an anemone leave all the pumps on as you normally would so you can fins a spot that will work for it, that way the anemone doesn't see any change (in this case the turning on of the wavemaker) that would cause it to want to move. I have placed 4 anemones in my 180 gallon, 2 in my 65 gallon, 2 in my 100, and 1 in the 29. None of which have moved since being placed there. I even have one anemone that has stayed on the same rock after being moved to a different tank.

whip1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
then you should go buy a lottery ticket because your luck is truly amazing

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 74 45.1%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 75 45.7%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 15 9.1%
Back