Have i cut my tubing too short?

Sarah1990

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got a second hand tank and sump and got a filter sock. I thought the tubing draining into the sump was too long so I cut a little bit off but now I'm worrying I've cut it too short and it's going to end up causing a problem. Does it look ok? The black line is where the tube ends in the sock

20190821_162634.jpg

ndrwater

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got a second hand tank and sump and got a filter sock. I thought the tubing draining into the sump was too long so I cut a little bit off but now I'm worrying I've cut it too short and it's going to end up causing a problem. Does it look ok? The black line is where the tube ends in the sock

20190821_162634.jpg
Should be fine, but.. might be a bit noisy. If you can get the drain line to below the standard water level in the sump inside the sock, it will be much quieter.

LesPoissons

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks fine- run it and you'll find out if its loud. You can always find an adapter at lowes/home depot and add a section of tubing, or just buy a longer piece.

OP
OP
S

Sarah1990

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks fine- run it and you'll find out if its loud. You can always find an adapter at lowes/home depot and add a section of tubing, or just buy a longer piece.
Thank you. I've managed to get it a little lower by drilling a new hole in the cabinet meaning the tubing is running straight down.
Just got to devon for our holiday and I will be getting it all up and running when I'm back :)

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 17 15.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 6 5.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 18 16.5%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 60 55.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 7.3%
Back