Bashsea Sump Question

Hetfield6j

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a Bashsea Smart Series sms-3615 sump that i am working on plumbing. It comes with two different drain pipes of different lengths. The longer ones i believe are for when you are not running filter socks and the shorter ones for use when using the filter socks. To me it seems like once you have the drain pipe on you can not take out the filter sock to clean it? I am sure i am missing something here but i cant seem to find any information about it and the sump does not have any kind of installation instructions. Does anyone on here have this style sump and uses the filter socks? Thanks!

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I have a Bashsea Smart Series sms-3615 sump that i am working on plumbing. It comes with two different drain pipes of different lengths. The longer ones i believe are for when you are not running filter socks and the shorter ones for use when using the filter socks. To me it seems like once you have the drain pipe on you can not take out the filter sock to clean it? I am sure i am missing something here but i cant seem to find any information about it and the sump does not have any kind of installation instructions. Does anyone on here have this style sump and uses the filter socks? Thanks!
I have Bashea
You have to turn sock at an angle at the top ring and slide down off the tube
I just changed mine 10 minutes ago

OP
OP
H

Hetfield6j

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have Bashea
You have to turn sock at an angle at the top ring and slide down off the tube
I just changed mine 10 minutes ago
Thanks, I’ll go try that now. I also emailed bashsea support and they said to just remove the drain tube when you clean your filter socks which seems like a bit of a pain.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Thanks, I’ll go try that now. I also emailed bashsea support and they said to just remove the drain tube when you clean your filter socks which seems like a bit of a pain.
Yes a pain as its a challenge to get pipe back in

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 66 75.0%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 11 12.5%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 6 6.8%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 2.3%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 2.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.1%
Back