Have you ever grieved a fish loss?

I never have in almost 25 years of aquarium. I've been remorseful, upset, disappointed, unhappy, but I've never been crushed like this. I'm not going into details, but I'm watching him breathe his last breaths and I know he will be dead tomorrow morning, and my heart is broke. I'm just wondering if anyone else has ever been hit hard like this by a fish loss or if I'm being silly.
You're not being silly. When I started this 15 years ago, I had already been working on compartmentalizing 15 years prior to that. I pretty much had my emotions in check by year 5. It takes something like my Father dying to break it. And trust me, I'm STILL broken after 9 months. That Jeanie ain't going back in the bottle. But pets dying? I'm pretty stone cold about it. I've come to realize this is NOT a strength. I've pretty much lost out on almost all things I should feel. You grieve. I'm actually jealous you can. Don't try not too. Learn from my mistake.
 
I’m very selective in what I add to my tank, so every loss is crushing. We just lost a Yellow Tang, and I had a tough time looking at the tank for a few days knowing my yellow little friend isn’t swimming around in there.
 
I never have in almost 25 years of aquarium. I've been remorseful, upset, disappointed, unhappy, but I've never been crushed like this. I'm not going into details, but I'm watching him breathe his last breaths and I know he will be dead tomorrow morning, and my heart is broke. I'm just wondering if anyone else has ever been hit hard like this by a fish loss or if I'm being silly.
Sorry to hear that man, I’ve lost plenty of fish I’ve loved, even corals sad times indeed :(
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 1 4.2%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 6 25.0%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 6 25.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 4 16.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 6 25.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 1 4.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new