Have you ever had a fish that ate zoa? Zoa control needed!

1979fishgeek

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve got a problem with Reverse Space Monster Zoa overrunning my tank.

Introducing Zoa Eating Nudi did not work as I’ve got too many predators that eat them.

It’s going to work out easier removing the fleshy LPS and zoa I want to keep than trying to get the RSM out. So I need a relentless known zoa eater. As I’ve rarely kept anything but very reef safe fish I don’t have experience with what eats them.

Big regrets letting them get in my tank, but they started to grow over corals that I really wanted and if I don’t take some action I’m going to have a 6ft tank full of just Reverse Space Monster . *face palm! lol

B8FEE146-7D7E-4D9A-9054-56D655F36DD6.jpeg

CBonito

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They sell these cool long tweezer sets on amazon that are stainless. That's what I use to get anything that has to go bye bye. You can grab those little suckers and yank them off the rocks. Sometimes they come up in entire groups since they're all connected.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0

Introducing Zoa Eating Nudi did not work as I’ve got too many predators that eat them.

It’s going to work out easier removing the fleshy LPS and zoa I want to keep than trying to get the RSM out. So I need a relentless known zoa eater. As I’ve rarely kept anything but very reef safe fish I don’t have experience with what eats them.

Big regrets letting them get in my tank, but they started to grow over corals that I really wanted and if I don’t take some action I’m going to have a 6ft tank full of just Reverse Space Monster . *face palm! lol

for me - Heniocus butterfly. Ate mine like salad and lasted 3 hours after I purchased it and went back to the LFS

Garf

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Aiptasia eating filefish may do it, but he might eat everything else that wobbles first. My rabbit ate my zoas (ok, the wife's zoas).

OP
OP
1979fishgeek

1979fishgeek

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They sell these cool long tweezer sets on amazon that are stainless. That's what I use to get anything that has to go bye bye. You can grab those little suckers and yank them off the rocks. Sometimes they come up in entire groups since they're all connected.
That’s a good idea. Also mean I won’t have to catch a fish afterwards if it goes after everything else.

mfinn

likes zoanthids
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I had 2 different hippo tangs that liked to eat zoanthids. Both of them would start on a colony and not stop until every single polyp was gone.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 83 56.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.8%
Back