Have you ever had one coral not do well while all the others are doing great?

Gumbies R Us

Certified Noob
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sometimes we can have a tank that is just filled with coral, and they are all doing great except one. Maybe it just isn't growing fast, or is struggling to even stay alive. I am wondering if you have had a coral before that wasn't doing great despite the rest of your tank doing fine.

Reefer Matt

Reef Cave Dweller
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sometimes we can have a tank that is just filled with coral, and they are all doing great except one. Maybe it just isn't growing fast, or is struggling to even stay alive. I am wondering if you have had a coral before that wasn't doing great despite the rest of your tank doing fine.
All the time. It’s tempting to try and “fix” it too. But in my experience, coral are individuals that can behave independent of each other. But if I notice a few coral starting to look off, then I’ll consider looking for a cause. I usually give it a day or two if just one coral is seemingly having a bad day, without an obvious cause.

LeDart

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Yes, my zoanthids have never been happy, even though my acros, mushrooms, torches and frogspawns are doing great. About 3 months ago I gave up on trying to make them happy.

1112-425XL

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a few corals that individually have bad days.
(Elegance coral, goniopora, Duncan, Acan Lord) For a day or two a coral will stay closed or just look miserable, but when it passes they always look bigger and healthier than before. I think it's part of the growing process.

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine is my chalice, it died but all other corals are just fine!

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 137 43.2%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 110 34.7%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 49 15.5%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 16 5.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 1.6%
Back