Haven’t been able to connect to Devices

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

this is me

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I haven’t been able to connect to any except one of the Ecotech devices through Mobius for the past months. I’m really sick of this. I unplugged and plugged everything back but still only one would connect.
Because the Radions are mounted under the top of my hanging acrylic canopy, it’s a PITA to take them down to factory reset. And I’ve done that 5 times this past several months only to get the same unable to connect error after.
I love the radions light itself but please give us something that has a more reliable connectivity.
DC0E8C34-5C47-476B-95BC-DDB56091A0DB.jpeg

OP
OP
this is me

this is me

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It takes two of us to take down the acrylic canopy and unmount the Radions so that I can factory reset and add the lights again in Mobius. And a week after that, I can’t connect to them anymore.
D07FF986-9EC4-41AD-B298-4CF4F12F8ABD.jpeg

nashvillian

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is your Bluetooth on? It’s odd that many devices would fail. Try toggling airplane mode on/off or using the app from a secondary phone

carmodpg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
further, the issue could be with the wifi connection. It’s a little buggy right now since they rolled out the the new interface. However, they are working on fixing the bugs and should have a patch soon.

That being said, a potential work around is to go to settings, click on the devices like you did to show the connectivity issues. Then click on one of the vortechs or the vectra. Scroll down to the bottom and hit “connect directly.” Then click “Bluetooth.” That should help resolve the issue and make it so only one light is out of sync.
I would then saved your radion schedule, remove the lights only and set up a new tank with the lights. Keep pumps separate. Import your radion schedule for the new tank.
This should work until the wifi issues are resolved.

OP
OP
this is me

this is me

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
BT is on. WiFi is on. Put the phone in airplane mode and didn’t help.
I also find it strange that only one device can be connected at a time. It’s not always the same device that is connected it bounces around to different device but only one is connected.
I’ve been in touch with Ecotech CS since early November when the radion serial number was messed up and couldn’t connect. They replaced 4/7 of my Radion G5. But now I’m having issue with connecting to them. I’m pretty sick of all this.

OP
OP
this is me

this is me

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If I try to “connect directly”, Mobius will just go back to the main screen.

lubeck

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I also find it strange that only one device can be connected at a time. It’s not always the same device that is connected it bounces around to different device but only one is connected.
this happens to me everyday with my pumps. It very rarely happens to the g5 30 blue. It’s frustrating

Rando

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know that all too well and it has nothing to do with Bluetooth or WiFi. It's on Ecotech's server. For whatever reason, there is a permanent connection between our devices and Ecotech.

s_tooz_123

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just spent the last 3 hours trying to figure out why I couldn't connect to my G5 XR15 Pro. In summary, here is what I tried:

1. Rebooting the tablet.
2. Switching to another the tablet.
3. Turning off the device, turning it back on.
4. Pulling power on the device, waiting a minute, plugging it back in.
5. Re-downloading the app to tablet #1.
6. Factory reset, then tried connecting with 2 tablets, and a smartphone. Tried this numerous times.

No joy on any of the above. I was soo mad I started shopping for another NON-ECOTECH light as this one was heading to the garbage can, but then I decided to try one more thing:

Delete the tank (with the device) from the Mobius app. Then I created a 'new' tank, added the light, and it worked! Unbelievable----3 hours I'll never get back.

When I started using the app, I noticed the application itself was different than before. I suspect that what happens is when the app connects to the light, the old information stored in the light is not properly read by the (auto-updated) app in my tablets, and fails with the "Cannot connect to device" message.

I'm still mad as h*ll. The SW is garbage.

Steve

geckoejon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just spent the last 3 hours trying to figure out why I couldn't connect to my G5 XR15 Pro. In summary, here is what I tried:

1. Rebooting the tablet.
2. Switching to another the tablet.
3. Turning off the device, turning it back on.
4. Pulling power on the device, waiting a minute, plugging it back in.
5. Re-downloading the app to tablet #1.
6. Factory reset, then tried connecting with 2 tablets, and a smartphone. Tried this numerous times.

No joy on any of the above. I was soo mad I started shopping for another NON-ECOTECH light as this one was heading to the garbage can, but then I decided to try one more thing:

Delete the tank (with the device) from the Mobius app. Then I created a 'new' tank, added the light, and it worked! Unbelievable----3 hours I'll never get back.

When I started using the app, I noticed the application itself was different than before. I suspect that what happens is when the app connects to the light, the old information stored in the light is not properly read by the (auto-updated) app in my tablets, and fails with the "Cannot connect to device" message.

I'm still mad as h*ll. The SW is garbage.

Steve
will you please explain how exactly you delete the tank with the device from mobius?

I am @#$&’ing steaming! I’m going through the same thing for the second time in 2 months with 2 month old xr15 blues!

tech support emails back with what looks like a generic response telling me to factory reset, and swipe left to delete? Am I on a dating site? they didn’t even bother to read that the app was up to date and responded that I should check for the update… grrr…

Factory reset, cycled power, etc… again & nothing… I’m about to drop them and buy something other led….

leds might be good, but their software is garbage!!! maybe they should spend less time on lightning, volcanoe, hurricane, twister features and just make sure the basics work…

geckoejon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I deleted the entire device, added the lights again, and same thing… I can connect to 1 and not to 2…

now I can’t connect to the Vectra or either mp40???

I’m contacting WCC (who I purchased everything from) tomorrow and requesting a refund… this is beyond ridiculous…. 2 months old and down twice…

I’ll buy reefbreeders or something else…

scubaReef002

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Agreed. Mobius is complete garbage. Ecotech should fix their products. Will never buy ecotech again.

Wdy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
will you please explain how exactly you delete the tank with the device from mobius?

I am @#$&’ing steaming! I’m going through the same thing for the second time in 2 months with 2 month old xr15 blues!

tech support emails back with what looks like a generic response telling me to factory reset, and swipe left to delete? Am I on a dating site? they didn’t even bother to read that the app was up to date and responded that I should check for the update… grrr…

Factory reset, cycled power, etc… again & nothing… I’m about to drop them and buy something other led….

leds might be good, but their software is garbage!!! maybe they should spend less time on lightning, volcanoe, hurricane, twister features and just make sure the basics work…
run the application, and start by deleting the account.
start over again like creating a new account
IMG_20220712_234833.jpg

geckoejon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you… I got it. I had to do it several times.

my issues boiled down to one bad unit evidently that was somehow messing up Mobius / the others? Factory replaced that, and ran fine after….

It was frustrating with new equipment & multiple pieces acting up… still not sure exactly how that works.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 32.6%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 22.5%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 19.4%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 33 25.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back