havent seen my clownfish sleep

  • Thread starter Thread starter ghostskies
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

ghostskies

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 7, 2026
Messages
2
Reaction score
1
Location
United States of America
What state or country do you live in
Oregon
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hi, i got two ocellaris clownfish four days ago, and so far havent seen them sleeping. i go to bed kinda late so i check on them before i sleep and theyre the only ones in my tank still awake. they eat just fine, im just wondering if this is a normal thing for adjusting clownfish
20260607_143356_96319004-0CCD-418D-8E0E-8C6B9908182A.png

its a 20 gallon tank with 4 other fish

sorry if this isnt formatted right this is my first post here
 
I don't think my clowns ever sleep, no matter what time I check the tank, they are always swimming in their goni corals. All my other fish have their night time hiding spots, but the clowns never move from their corals and never stop swimming in them.
 
They are probably just acclimating to your tank, I wouldn't worry about it
 
I don't think my clowns ever sleep, no matter what time I check the tank, they are always swimming in their goni corals. All my other fish have their night time hiding spots, but the clowns never move from their corals and never stop swimming in them.
Hmmm. Mine actually lay down on a coral or sand bed. 🛌
Yours are actively purposefully swimming?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 12 26.7%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 16 35.6%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 5 11.1%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 2.2%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 6.7%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 5 11.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 6.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new