Having an absolute nightmare with ...

  • Thread starter Thread starter Sid996
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Sid996

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 23, 2025
Messages
24
Reaction score
9
Location
Nottingham
What state or country do you live in
United Kingdom
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi

I'm having an absolute nightmare with this dark purple/red algae.

I can clean rocks within 48 hours they are covered again

Doesn't seem to bother the livestock, tested parameters they all seem in check.

Any ideas how to finally beat It


Cheers

IMG_20260516_140233930.jpg IMG_20260516_140222826.jpg
 
It looks like the beginning of cyanobacteria. My first question is if you have any powerheads in the tank? The water looks a little cloudy, I would run some activated carbon to try to clear it out. Cyano is generally caused by excess nutrients and docs and low flow. Water changes and manual removal should help
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 11 47.8%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 4.3%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 8.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new