Having issues need some advice.

TraydersAnonymous

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So here’s the story, about a month n half ago I upgraded to a lagoon 25 from a nuvo 10. The nuvo 10 was up and running for a year before the upgrade. Transfered all live rock, filter media ( matrix), inverts , fish and corals plus 80% of the old tank water to the 25 lagoon. Everything looked good for about 2 weeks besides a lil Cyano and then one day I noticed the water was cloudy and most of the corals looked irritated and closed up. Figured it was a bacterial bloom so I ordered some microbacter 7 and started dosing following the instructions, about a week into dosing microbacter a lot of my corals browned out and po4 dropped to 0. A month later tank water is still cloudy and Cyano is out of control and I can’t get any detectable po4 on my Hanna checker.
5 days ago I started dosing neophos to try to bring up po4 been dosing .01 daily for 5 days and still getting a 0 po4 reading ,corals are not doing well and water is still cloudy. Not really sure what to do from here.

Tank 25 lagoon
Alk- 8.5
Cal- 440
Mag- 1480
Salinity- 35
Ph- 8.1
Nitrate- 5
Po4- 0
Ammonia- 0
Nitrite- 0

lighting- 2 Ai prime 16hd - uv and violet 40%
rb and blue 32% red& green 3% and cool white is a 14%

Live stock - pair of clowns, sixline wrasse, Banggai cardinal, emerald crab , 2 astrea snails and 2 blue hermits. 90% lps corals, some zoas and gsp.

attatched are some pics of the nuvo 10 before the upgrade, 25 lagoon after transfer and the 25 lagoon now.

A7DA70D1-CDD6-452E-A9CF-913B40311BF6.jpeg CF762CB4-4AFE-4609-BCDC-24F9F41992AA.jpeg BEB2BC76-0C7A-4B27-9BFC-A0AFD4FD09A6.jpeg
Not sure why you would counter a bacterial bloom with more bacteria but what is your concern now? The pictures don't look crazy imo (as far as cloudy water). You can change 100% of the water if necessary. Carbon should/could help. Wet skimming will remove more dirty water. What have you tried so far to clear it up?
Micro bacter7 kills your phosphate I'm pretty sure., i dosed it once when i was cycling my tank that had I wanted to try to add some more bacteria as I figured it couldn't hurt and i wanted to boost the bio filtraish there was some algae growth i was ok with.. dosed microbacter 7 one day, and it cleared the algae and tanked my po4 to 0. wich wasnt ideal. my beginner mistake it set me back for a while.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 99 86.1%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.6%
Back