Having trouble getting acans and zoos to grow?

Free Phyto Promo
Spend $39+ → free 16oz Phyto · Use code FREEPHYTO at checkout · $16.99 value · Densest 6-species blend · Free shipping on every order · 100% live arrival guaranteed Spend $39+ → free 16oz Phyto · Use code FREEPHYTO at checkout · $16.99 value · Densest 6-species blend · Free shipping on every order · 100% live arrival guaranteed
Shop Now Code: FREEPHYTO

ryan paggi

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 13, 2015
Messages
86
Reaction score
3
Location
Rockford il
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All my sps corals are growing and my acans look great their big and puffed up but their is no new growth to speak of. My params are
Ca-450
Alk-11
Ph-8.2
Temp-77
No3-0
Po4-0
Mg-1450

I'm not sure what the problem is my tank has been setup for a year and I have had the corals for about 6 months. Any input would be great
 
I feed ours 2-3x weekly I've got 8 babies started on a acan we have had for about 2 months and babies on multiple zoas in same time. I firmly believe they need fed to grow well.
 
Yes I feed every 3 days. But maybe I should do more target feeding than just putting it in the tank
 
+1 on water being too clean if you target feed and all your sps are growing well. Its a pretty crappy balance to find in a mixed reef becuase obviously too dirty and your sps will suffer. I just feed my tank a little more heavy these days and it seemed to help and the fish are big fans as well ;)
 
i started feeding reef roids to my acans whenever i can remember.
i bought my frag with 4 heads. after feed its almost tripled in a few months.
 
Reef Chilli is a great food. Contains a ton of stuff that benefit coral. Spot feed acans 3 x week and give them Mysis. Med flow, mid to low tank. Halides or T5 for growth. LEDs if u want them to pop. I use a MH/LED combo.
 

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 5.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 7.5%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 17 21.3%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 23 28.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 11.3%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 4 5.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 10 12.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 6 7.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new