Having Trouble Identifying Worm.. HELP!!

Reef Safe?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MattyP1720

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
B46D2C9D-E0C5-48D4-82CE-16B0A0C44342.png
Hey guys just noticed this worm about a month ago. He doesn’t seem to be bothering my fish, shrimp or corals and seems to just be eating algae. Anyone ever seen one of these before and know if they are reef safe?! Please help! I’m not sure whether to remove the whole rock or not.. It seems to be staying in the same piece of rock and he’s active during the day and night. Took an amazing video of him stretching out and eating the algae but format wouldn’t load from my iPhone 8 Plus.. you can see the algae enter it’s mouth and pass thru it’s body... Wild

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R!
tenor.gif
#WelcometoR2R
Hard to tell without seeing the whole thing but it could be a peanut worm. Good clean up crew member if it is :)

ihavecrabs

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
B46D2C9D-E0C5-48D4-82CE-16B0A0C44342.png
Hey guys just noticed this worm about a month ago. He doesn’t seem to be bothering my fish, shrimp or corals and seems to just be eating algae. Anyone ever seen one of these before and know if they are reef safe?! Please help! I’m not sure whether to remove the whole rock or not.. It seems to be staying in the same piece of rock and he’s active during the day and night. Took an amazing video of him stretching out and eating the algae but format wouldn’t load from my iPhone 8 Plus.. you can see the algae enter it’s mouth and pass thru it’s body... Wild
Throw it up on YouTube and share the link. Sounds like a cool video!

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 37 31.4%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 2.5%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 32 27.1%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 41 34.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.2%
Back