Having trouble with getting your clownfish hosting your anemone? Read this.

oliverout

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys I'm not too sure how many people know about this trick to make your clownfish host your anemone of choice but I'd like to share how I've had all my clownfish host anemones.

Step 1. Get a hanging plastic basket and put it on the side of your tank, make sure the clownfish will have enough room for an area outside of the anemone.
Step 2. Get your anemone and clownfish and both place them in your basket.
Step 3. Wait a few days until you start to see your clownfish start hosting the anemone in the plastic basket.
Step 4. Put your clownfish and the anemone in the tank together! All my clownfish that I've done this with have started hosting their anemone inside the tank the next day after they both got put in.

Hopefully this helps you guys out and it gets your clownfish to host your anemone. Thanks guys.

8629D436-295C-4FA1-926B-DFAE1A9E1787.jpeg 6B9B302F-CBF2-443D-815B-8BA001DF76D3.jpeg

OP
OP
O

oliverout

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Harsh death(s). This is on top of at least two corals they similarly harassed. On the plus side, they now host a condy anemone that is clownfish-resistant!
Oh wow that's sad do you know why sometimes they kill stuff from harassing it so much and sometimes don't?

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 7.1%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 3.5%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 4.4%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 91 80.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.4%
Back