Having trouble with this mushroom

loweryphil

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
20170126_221153.jpeg

Forever giving me a headache....never looked bright coloured at all and now this? Constant for the last two days on and off

taintstick

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How long have you had it?
I have had shrooms do that, idk if it's from them getting ready to split or if it's their doo doo haha

taintstick

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How old is your tank? And what kind of shroom is it supposed to be?

reeferfoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like a Yuma. The are deep water low light mushrooms. Constant adjustment will cause them to release their guts.

stevo01

R33F!N @DD!CT
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Imo this is an infection that is common in yuma's. As far as I know there isnt a known med/dip that kills the infection. You can try marine melafix.

AcroNem

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Uhh I wouldn't try melafix, I'd try an iodine dip but any dip will likely just tick it off more. This IS a Ricordea yuma and they can be quite hard to keep, this one may be on its way out. I'd say it could be expelling waste but you said it's been like that for two days which says it's likely the former.

taintstick

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What I have done is stick a pipette towards the brown dookie and suck it out. Hasn't happened to me in some time but when I did that it was fine shortly after. I don't think dipping will do anything...

stevo01

R33F!N @DD!CT
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Uhh I wouldn't try melafix, I'd try an iodine dip but any dip will likely just **** it off more. This IS a Ricordea yuma and they can be quite hard to keep, this one may be on its way out. I'd say it could be expelling waste but you said it's been like that for two days which says it's likely the former.

I would first try a dip in revive. Pretty certain this is a bacterial infection. Personally I dont use any form of melafix in reef tanks, but ive read in the past that it can be successful in helping yumma get through it. Im talking about a dip in the marine version.

Bacterial medication in a QT might work too, but its hard to know what bacterial med to use.

I agree that iodine might help the corals immune system improve also.

OP
OP
loweryphil

loweryphil

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Uhh I wouldn't try melafix, I'd try an iodine dip but any dip will likely just **** it off more. This IS a Ricordea yuma and they can be quite hard to keep, this one may be on its way out. I'd say it could be expelling waste but you said it's been like that for two days which says it's likely the former.
Thankyou. I moved it into a shaded area and it opened up fully and seems a lot happier. But the bright orange colours only appear under blue lighting. With the whites on its like a pale orange and dark purple. The slime seems to come and go. Dont know if it was from getting too much light or not as it was in quite a bright part. Now its opened up a lot more in the shade with some light. The brown fluff is calming down.

One More And I’m Out. Is Failure An Option?

• Yes

Votes: 26 13.0%
  • No

Votes: 154 77.0%
  • Unsure

Votes: 20 10.0%

Back