Yuma mushroom not doing good.

Notsolostfish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Iv had this mushroom for about a roughly 1.5 months. It was doing okay. Low light low flow area. Till one day it started to shrink, and it was never the same. My tank is 8 months old. LPS mainly. Doing good. Everything growing. No swings. Iv been testing weekly to biweekly. And my tank doing pretty good. Ill attach my parameters below. My nutrients never dipped.

I moved the yuma yesterday behind a rock a bit shaded with some low flow. And its still not doing good open mouth. And its extracting brown stuff all day. Are yumas mushrooms considered finnicy? In terms of keeping? I have a big one who have small babies now. Just now sure what’s the problem.

Here’s what’s doing.

IMG_1786.jpeg

Bpones

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How long has it been looking concerning to you? You could try to move it to another spot in the tank. I’m not super experienced with these guys though. Looks lovely to me. Do you have a photo of it when you felt it was healthier?

crazyfishmom

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How long has it been looking concerning to you? You could try to move it to another spot in the tank. I’m not super experienced with these guys though. Looks lovely to me. Do you have a photo of it when you felt it was healthier?
I’ve been surprised but my yumas actually prefer around 100 par rather than super low light. Where do you think your PAR is around in that area?

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 83 56.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.8%
Back