Yuma mushroom not doing good.

Notsolostfish

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 21, 2014
Messages
2,966
Reaction score
801
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Iv had this mushroom for about a roughly 1.5 months. It was doing okay. Low light low flow area. Till one day it started to shrink, and it was never the same. My tank is 8 months old. LPS mainly. Doing good. Everything growing. No swings. Iv been testing weekly to biweekly. And my tank doing pretty good. Ill attach my parameters below. My nutrients never dipped.


I moved the yuma yesterday behind a rock a bit shaded with some low flow. And its still not doing good open mouth. And its extracting brown stuff all day. Are yumas mushrooms considered finnicy? In terms of keeping? I have a big one who have small babies now. Just now sure what’s the problem.


Here’s what’s doing.



IMG_1786.jpeg
 
How long has it been looking concerning to you? You could try to move it to another spot in the tank. I’m not super experienced with these guys though. Looks lovely to me. Do you have a photo of it when you felt it was healthier?
 
How long has it been looking concerning to you? You could try to move it to another spot in the tank. I’m not super experienced with these guys though. Looks lovely to me. Do you have a photo of it when you felt it was healthier?
How long has it been looking concerning to you? You could try to move it to another spot in the tank. I’m not super experienced with these guys though. Looks lovely to me. Do you have a photo of it when you felt it was healthier?
I’ve been surprised but my yumas actually prefer around 100 par rather than super low light. Where do you think your PAR is around in that area?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 10 45.5%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 2 9.1%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 7 31.8%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 11 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 31.8%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new