Having troubles with most LPS

rja

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all,
I have had a BC29 up for 8 months now and I have had some issues with keeping LPS. I’ve had A hammer croak on me, Frogspawns that don’t seem to be thriving but still living. Also, I have a torch that hasn’t opened in over a week since my last WC but usually looked as happy as can be.

I simply don’t have the time for any unforgiving corals, it seems like. However, all my zoanthids, RFAs, and other softies seem to be having a great time. Also my duncans are getting ridiculous (only happy LPS?). One coral that I have who is dominating my tank is a Kenya Tree. I literally see new babies every day.

What corals do you recommend that act the same way but aren’t GSP and Zenia? I have a GSP wall as well. Are there any neon colored corals like a Kenya tree?

Thank you!

Coral-vault

DFW's Premier Aquatics Dealer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all,
I have had a BC29 up for 8 months now and I have had some issues with keeping LPS. I’ve had A hammer croak on me, Frogspawns that don’t seem to be thriving but still living. Also, I have a torch that hasn’t opened in over a week since my last WC but usually looked as happy as can be.

I simply don’t have the time for any unforgiving corals, it seems like. However, all my zoanthids, RFAs, and other softies seem to be having a great time. Also my duncans are getting ridiculous (only happy LPS?). One coral that I have who is dominating my tank is a Kenya Tree. I literally see new babies every day.

What corals do you recommend that act the same way but aren’t GSP and Zenia? I have a GSP wall as well. Are there any neon colored corals like a Kenya tree?

Thank you!
I would guess that your tank has high phosphate levels. Mushrooms would be your best friend as there are many colors available

OP
OP
rja

rja

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would guess that your tank has high phosphate levels. Mushrooms would be your best friend as there are many colors available
I don’t have a phos test kit. What’s the best way of lowering phos without deleting it? I have a fuge in the back. Perhaps I don’t have enough nutrients? I’ve had dinos before because of it. The torch didn’t get ticked until I did a WC. I need to test my water.

I do have a shroom that’s very happy looking!

Coral-vault

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t have a phos test kit. What’s the best way of lowering phos without deleting it? I have a fuge in the back. Perhaps I don’t have enough nutrients? I’ve had dinos before because of it. The torch didn’t get ticked until I did a WC. I need to test my water.

I do have a shroom that’s very happy looking!

Its also possible that you damaged it on the water change. There are so many things that can happen.

Hana ULR Phosphate test kit is a must have

Coral-vault

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
moderate flow and a kessil A160WE that hits about 60% intensity and 15% spectrum over an 8.5 hour period
Thats normally not enough light output for sps. but you would need a par meter to see the levels you are hitting.

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
moderate flow and a kessil A160WE that hits about 60% intensity and 15% spectrum over an 8.5 hour period
That should be fine.. I’m running a radion xr15 g6 blue over a 60gal cube and everyone said I couldn’t and it won’t grow Sps lol.. I have my hammers and torch in the sand with 80 par at best and they’re thriving! My Sps is up higher obviously and doing great.. I’m not sure what’s going on unless your nutrients are too low.. I gotta say my nitrates are around 100 I got tired of fighting them and my corals could care less… not sure what my po4 is but it’s gotta be up there..

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 17.2%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 29 16.7%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 18.4%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 75 43.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.6%
Back