Hawaii fish ban

  • Thread starter Thread starter Jswyer
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Jswyer

New Member
View Badges
Joined
May 8, 2023
Messages
9
Reaction score
0
Location
alberta
What state or country do you live in
Canada
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone know if the Hawaii fish banned is back in effect
 
Does anyone know if the Hawaii fish banned is back in effect
Yes still can't get fish from Hawaii since 2020 I believe. I'd be interested if someone else can chime in on any current updates with the matter because I can't find any recent news about it.
 
Any news on this? I've been waiting on adding Tangs to my tank until I get a yellow Hawaiian in there, but I'm starting to wonder if I should just give up on waiting it out.
We are far away.

@Kona Diver - any news on the island?
 
Within the past week, from a local diver: “It’s not looking good for Hawaii to open up at all”

There was more explained. But essentially “they’re” (assuming EJ) is throwing $$$$$ at keeping it closed.

Hopefully @Kona Diver can elaborate.
 
Last edited:
Within the past week, from a local diver: “It’s not looking good for Hawaii to open up at all”

There was more explained. But essentially “they’re” (assuming EJ) is throwing $$$$$ at keeping it closed.

Hopefully @Kona Diver can elaborate.
no. That’s not it.

Stay tuned
 
IIRC, the ban was lifted, but there haven’t been any commercial collection permits issued, so the ban is essentially still in effect.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 3 21.4%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 7 50.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new