Hawaiian People Eaters/Ding Dangs: is there a difference?

Adiantum

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is there a marked difference in the varieties of Zoanthus gigantus that are sold as Hawaiian PE and ding dangs?

I’m considering snagging some of one or both but don’t know if it’s worth buying both. These seem to show variation or change in color pattern based on environment? At least from what I’ve read.

PicassoClown04

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Y’all rang?

I don’t believe there’s a difference between the hawaiian zoas. I have yeti, ding Dangs, Hawaiian PE, Hawaiian nebulas, and they’re all exactly the same after they’ve been in the same tank for a couple months. Keeping them in higher light will yield a (imo) prettier pink color but if the light is lower they’ll be a green nebula pattern

OP
OP
A

Adiantum

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Y’all rang?

I don’t believe there’s a difference between the hawaiian zoas. I have yeti, ding Dangs, Hawaiian PE, Hawaiian nebulas, and they’re all exactly the same after they’ve been in the same tank for a couple months. Keeping them in higher light will yield a (imo) prettier pink color but if the light is lower they’ll be a green nebula pattern
Excellent! Just what I needed to know.

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 2 1.4%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 2 1.4%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 22 15.2%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 68 46.9%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 48 33.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.1%
Back