HDR and FTS

  • Thread starter Thread starter Gondore
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Gondore

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 2, 2008
Messages
338
Reaction score
51
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just wondering if any of you have used HDR for a FTS? The fish could provide a challenge but if you could get one with them hiding I am thinking this method may result in a really good FTS? Any thoughts...
 
Have never tried it on an aquarium, but have otherwise. In the right applications, it can deliver impressive results. Many times, applying good photography technique is easier and faster. It should give some good results. Agree about the fish issue. I never remember to do it, but using a graduated ND filter can also produce nice results.
Gary
 
If you have a lot of fish, it wont really work out.

The other thing is, unless you are all SPS, and can get all 3-5 shots very fast, it can be very difficult to get everything to stay still long enough.

Give is a try though, id love to see how they turn out.
 
I have very few corals that move so I think I could get this to work. I will give it a try sometime this week and post a pic.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new