Heading out the the Coral Expo!

twentyleagues

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was kinda bad today. Ehh its only money right? Heck I've been bad all weekend, no one to answer to but myself and I know me pretty well, we're good.

Rusty_L_Shackleford

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just about to head out to the Coral Expo in Lansing, Michigan. Never gone to it before so I'm kind of excited to see what it's all about!
Have fun! My wife and I love going to shows. If it's more than a couple of hours drive we'll drive up the night before and get a hotel. Here's what we do: we have a must have wish list of stuff we're definitely looking for and we'll make a round of the vendors looking for those specific things or really spectacular stuff in our budget we have to have. Then browse a bit, put in some raffle tickets and go for lunch. Now towards the end of the show a lot of times vendors will drastically drop prices and offer some excellent deals. Can be a great way to grab some cheap frags if you're starting out and have an empty tank.

OP
OP
hoffmeyerz

hoffmeyerz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's exactly what we did! Unfortunately my tank isn't ready for those awesome corals yet, still need a good light, was hoping I might stumble on one there.
Prices did drop after the last raffle draw but nothing that would fit my tank really, that's why we went down the street since they were having a sale as well. Urchin is salinity and temp matched and just about ready to go in!

Attachments

• KIMG1998.JPG
    KIMG1998.JPG
    74.8 KB · Views: 11

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 32 16.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 25 12.7%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 115 58.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 13 6.6%
Back