Heading to Reefapalooza

sirknight07017

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Heading to reefapalooza in Orlando 20-21 April) any stores I should check out in the area. I’m already plan on going to TSA and WWC. Any small businesses in the area I should check out? I will be in the area for a week.

luis angel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Heading to reefapalooza in Orlando 20-21 April) any stores I should check out in the area. I’m already plan on going to TSA and WWC. Any small businesses in the area I should check out? I will be in the area for a week.
I not in the area but in my next trip to Orlando I'm going to try to do the same, go to as many stores as I can. Have a good trip

MNSPS

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi. Was just going to ask the same question. One store that looks nice is Living Reef.

reef’r

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi. Was just going to ask the same question. One store that looks nice is Living Reef.
There’s a place in Oviedo called something fishy. They are more freshwater but they are growing the saltwater part of the store. They have a couple nice display tanks and two big drag tanks. Really nice coral and the prices are awesome. I’m local so TSA, WWC, Living reef are all local to me but tbh it’s hard to go there and buy coral because of the prices. Something fishy doesn’t necessarily have that WOW factor when you walk in like the big three in the area, but the coral is plenty nice and the prices are WAY better. Also as far as living reef goes, it’s a nice store and they have an absolutely insane display tank in the front with some of the biggest chalices and montis you’ve ever seen in it, but their prices are really high (imo). Another would be WWCs second and smaller location, it’s close to something fishy so you could do those two back to back. They have an awesome selection of coral and of course the Mackdaddy displays WWC is known for. The store is shaped like an upside down L. Walk in and go up to the 500g In-wall and then turn to your left. They have a lagoon style frag tank back there that is one of my favorites. Here’s a pic of it
IMG_4880.jpeg

jimfish98

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
WWC Superstore should be your main stop. The display tanks are great, and the store has a lot to look at. TSA is a nice stop, not big on displays but a lot of eye candy in there. If you take a left out of TSA, not far down the road is the other WWC store. Alex, Leah, and the others there are great. They have two large displays a medium, and a handful of nano size that are done really well and worth the extra couple miles to get there. LRO isn't a lot visually these days so it might not be worth the detour over considering they are going to be at the show with some of their best coral. The shop has one big tank display, but nothing grand there. The appeal there is Ann and how she is with customers, but she will be at the show likely.

Getting beyond that you have Something Fishy in Oviedo (due North on Alafaya from LRO) but its a very minimal selection and not worth the drive time there for so little. Same applies to Ocean Blue in Casselberry. We used to have Ocean Direct in Longwood but after some moves and ownership changing hands, it closed down the other year. Technically Riptide Aquatics is located up near these shops, but its a farm in a business center and not an actual shop to visit. You are not going to find anything else beyond that, that I am aware of.

There is a woman not far from TSA that sells coral at a great price, and with a huge selection our of her garage. I would say stop by her place as it has a better selection than the smaller stores and beats out the prices of the larger stores. Good/Bad part of it is you won't be able to see it all this weekend at their place as they show up at shows under their business and will actually be at the show with the vendor name "Aquatic Creations". Daneen always has some great stuff to look at so check her out at the show.

AquaticYeti

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Crabbi Patti’s Aquarium Shop is another option. It’s located in Clermont, so west side just out of Orlando, no where near the other shops. It changed ownership recently. I haven’t gone since the change but it used to carry frags at a great price and a lot of unique marine fish. They do freshwater as well.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 42 16.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 16 6.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 150 58.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 7.4%
Back