Heater adapter question

  • Thread starter Thread starter Juice780
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Juice780

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 25, 2018
Messages
204
Reaction score
99
What state or country do you live in
North Carolina
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m starting up my innovative marine lagoon 25 and I want to go with a titanium heater with a controller. I bought the brs 100w with ink bird controller. Well I didn’t realize the brs 100w was going to be too tall to but in the back chamber. I put the heater on my other tank as a backup and I ordered the innovative marine 100w heater but didn’t realize it didn’t have a normal plug to plug into my INKBIRD. It has a 5 pin plug that is designed for a helio controller. My question is there any kind of adapter I can buy to be able to use the INKBIRD so I don’t have to buy the helio?



IMG_1499.jpeg
 
I have the BRS titanium heater in my 25 lagoon, can you not just angle it in there?
 
I'll add that I have a 200 watt BRS heater (overkill, but it's just what I had on hand when I started the tank) and it's backed up by an Inkbird controller, as well as a tank controller.
 
The brs heater sticks out of all the chambers in the back unless I put it where the filter caddies go. I don’t want to put it in the display tank. I want to make the innovative marine heater work with the ink bird I already bought but idk if there is a way
 
I am not aware of an adaptor or the pinout of either. They are not likely at all compatible without understanding the wiring diagram of both.

They would not waste money on a 5 pin connector if a 3 pin connector would have worked. It could be 2 H, 2N and a Ground, or 1 H, 1N, 1G and some type f sense port. I have no clue.

If you knew how to sort this out sefely, you would have already done it. I would look for different options to use with the InkBird. Try Jhemco.com - heaters come in various lengths. Adding several lower wattage heaters is likely a better idea than a single large one anyway.
 
Looks like I’ll just have to buy the helio controller
 

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.8%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 17 20.5%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 25 30.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 10.8%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 4 4.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 11 13.3%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 6 7.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new